Easy Honey Soy Chicken Thighs
Juicy and tender honey soy chicken thighs – this meal is simple yet filled with impressive flavor. Made in less than 1 hour and is a wholesome recipe the whole family will enjoy!
During busier weeknights I love making dinners like this flavorful chicken thigh recipe! It delivers impressive flavor while still being incredibly easy to make. No boring chicken meals are served in this kitchen.
The sauce: it goes perfectly with roasted chicken. It has a touch of asian flavors like tangy sesame oil, a little kick of ginger and garlic, and sweetened naturally with honey. A little sweet, a little salty, and a whole lot of deliciousness.
Ingredients Needed & Recommended Substitutions
- Chicken thighs: I recommend thighs over chicken breasts because of how flavorful and moist they are.
- Oil: I like using extra virgin olive oil but butter can work as well.
- Sesame oil: this is an asian oil that bring a ton of authentic flavor and taste to this recipe.
- Soy sauce: I recommend low sodium soy sauce or liquid amino’s for a gluten-free friendly substitute.
- Garlic: I like to use fresh garlic but you can substitute with a 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Ginger: fresh ginger always brings fresh flavor but you can use 1/2 teaspoon of dried ginger instead.
- Honey: I love using local honey – you can also use coconut sugar as another natural sweetener.
What to Serve with Honey Soy Chicken
I love serving this chicken and it’s delicious sauce with brown rice, white rice, or quinoa. As well as a side of steamed vegetables like broccoli, carrots, and edamame.
More Tasty Chicken Recipes to Try
- 10-Minute Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli
- Authentic Italian Chicken Parmigiana
- 30-Minute Honey Soy Chicken
- Roasted Lemon Rosemary Chicken with Potatoes
- Easy Lemon Chicken Piccata
This dish is perfect as a no-fuss meal for busy nights, a special dinner for two, or made for weekly meal prep to make life a little easier. No matter what occasion it’s made for, you will love how easy and tasty it is!
If you tried this Easy Honey Soy Chicken Thighs recipe or any other recipe, don't forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK for more crave-worthy content.
Juicy and tender honey soy chicken thighs - this meal is simple yet filled with impressive flavor. Made in less than 1 hour and is a wholesome recipe the whole family will enjoy!
Preheat oven to 400F. In a small bowl whisk together all of sauce ingredients. Then transfer chicken thighs to cast iron skillet and pour all of sauce over chicken.
Roast in oven for 35-40 minutes.
Remove chicken from oven and brush chicken with sauce in pan. Serve chicken with rice and desired steamed/roasted vegetables. Spoon additional sauce over top and sprinkle with sesame seeds.