6 Ingredient Coconut-Oil Quinoa Granola
Get ready for embark on a granola adventure with me.
I know you’re probably thinking, “quinoa?!…In granola?” and I say, “YESSSS, it’s true.”
Who would’ve thought quinoa could be any more versatile?!
I’m not sure why I’m just now starting to use it in granola! I definitely feel like I’ve missed out a bit. It’s also been a little while since I’ve made granola, HENCE: the first batch burning to a crisp.
It happens…. 😉
But now that I HAVE made quinoa in granola, I am a full believer!
Whenever I make granola, or need ideas for granola, I am always looking for what I call a “filler ingredient.” Something to add that can fill in the gaps on top of oats + nuts.
I usually go for chia or flax seeds, but quinoa was a pleasant surprise ingredient!
This recipe is SUPER simple, healthy, and DELICIOUS in a fruit + yogurt bowl! My husband also eats it for breakfast like cereal. Since I don’t drink milk (not kidding. bleh.) he usually is the one to affirm a cereal-type recipe.
And he approves this recipe with flying colors.
This recipe has 6 MAIN INGREDIENTS.
–> Salt + cinnamon are extra since just about anyone has those ingredients. 🙂
You can store this recipe in a mason jar, zip-lock baggy and gift to friends/neighbors!
Enjoy this recipe and let me know you’re favorite ways to eat it!
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashion oats
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup agave nectar (you can use maple syrup or honey)
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Add dry ingredients (oats, almonds, quinoa, salt, cinnamon and flouto large bowl and mix.
- Add wet ingredients (coconut oil and agave/sweetener of choicto dry and mix well until ingredients fold together.
- Lay granola mixture evenly on a sheet pan. Place in oven for 25-30 minutes, mixing granola every 10 minutes to toast it evenly and avoid burning. When granola has a golden brown color to it (around 25-30 minuteremove from oven and let cool.
- Add to a yogurt breakfast bowl, eat as a cereal or just by itself! Share and enjoy!!