Autumn Dijon Chicken Sheet Pan
Easy Autumn Dijon Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner with roasted butternut squash and brussels sprouts. A healthy dinner made on ONE pan. So delicious, full of flavor, and takes a total of 1 hour to make!
Let’s talk about this delicious dijon chicken sheet pan dinner with vegetables! A meal that is SO easy, healthy, and flavorful. Warm autumn vegetables with crispy skin chicken thighs and a honey dijon sauce – yes please! If you’ve never tried sheet pan dinners, they are life savers. Just throw everything on ONE pan, roast/bake in the oven, and dinner is done.
What is a Sheet Pan Dinner?
Sheet pan dinner’s are supposed to make for simple prep, cook, and clean-up by baking/roasting everything in your dinner (or most of it) on one sheet pan. Perfect for quick, no-hassle dinners during busy weeknights!
How to Make This Autumn Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- First, lay butternut squash and brussels sprouts on sheet pan, coat and toss vegetables in 1 tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and a little black pepper.
- Then place chicken thighs on same pan with vegetables – pour/brush dijon sauce over each chicken thigh until all of sauce is used.
- Bake for 40 minutes until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are browned.
- Sprinkle fresh herbs on top for garnish.
Tips on How to Make This Autumn Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- For this recipe you can use either boneless skinless chicken thighs or regular chicken thighs (with bone and skin).
- Add additional vegetables to your sheet pan dinner like sweet potatoes, potatoes, or other desired vegetables. Keep in mind some vegetables cook faster or slower than others.
- This is the perfect recipe for meal prep – serve with rice or quinoa and pack for lunch/dinner for the rest of your week!
What is the Difference Between a Cookie Sheet and a Sheet Pan?
Cookie sheets and baking sheets are used interchangeably in recipes but there are differences. Both are rectangular, metal pans. Cookie sheets have one raised edge so cookies can slide off easily. Baking sheets have four raised edges, about an inch tall, and can be used for other purposes like roasting vegetables. This is one of my favorite pans to use for both baking and sheet pan dinners!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe, I would love to hear how you enjoyed it! Review and comment below and let me know your thoughts. Also share your pictures on instagram #asimplepalate - I love seeing your recipe creations! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK.
A healthy sheet pan dinner with crispy chicken thighs, roasted fall vegetables, and a honey dijon sauce. The easiest dinner made on ONE pan and ready in 1 hour!
Preheat oven to 425F.
Dijon Sauce: In a small bowl whisk all of dijon sauce ingredients together.
Vegetables: Arrange brussels sprouts and butternut squash on a large sheet pan - coat & toss in 1 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
Chicken: Lay chicken thighs on same pan with vegetables. Spoon dijon sauce over each chicken thigh until all of sauce is used up. Bake chicken and vegetables for 40 minutes - chicken should be browned and cooked through, vegetables should be soft and slightly browned.
Sprinkle with fresh rosemary and thyme, serve with rice or a side salad and enjoy!