Chocolate Drizzle Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies
Since it’s the week of Christmas, I figured peanut butter cookies were a MUST. Also, it’s December. Let’s be real, we’re all eating a cookie or two a day.
I’ve always had a bit of a sweet tooth, so around this time I usually have Christmas treats on my mind and a cookie recipe in my back pocket ready to go. And these cookies hit the SPOT. Covered in chocolate, chewy, nut-buttery, and festive for this holiday week! It’s the best of both worlds, guys.
Also, can we talk about the extra chocolate drizzle? DUH-licious. It was time the lonely chocolate kiss in the center had a little more company, right?
I hope you ALL enjoy getting your BAKE on this week as we count down to this joyful holiday! Surround yourself with the ones you love, blast the Christmas music, and eat them cookies.
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Chocolate kisses
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips for melting
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In an electric mixture, blend peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt to wet ingredients until just combined.
- Roll your dough into 1 tbsp size balls and lay 2 inches apart on baking sheet with parchment paper or greased cookie sheet. Bake cookies until they've set around the edges ~ 8 minutes. (I like my cookies to be just a tad underdone so they can bake/rest to perfection outside of the oven and be super chewy). Right when you remove cookies from oven tuck your chocolate kiss in the center of each cookie.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat for 30 seconds at a time until chocolate kisses melt together when you stir with spoon. Drizzle chocolate over cookies with a spoon and let cool for 5 minutes. Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze! 🙂