Easy Turkey Stuffed Peppers
Healthy & quick stuffed peppers with ground turkey, black beans, and melted cheese on top! A flavorful meal with minimal ingredients, and just 20 minutes to bake.
Stuffed peppers are such a versatile meal – you can stuff them with any starch, meat, with tons of different seasoning variations. I grew up eating Italian-styled stuffed peppers with tomato sauce, ground meat, and rice. This recipe is a little different than what I grew up with – but still so delicious!
These stuffed peppers consist of ground turkey, black beans, salsa, and melted cheese on top. A low carb dinner with tons of flavor, require simple ingredients, and 25 minutes to bake.
How to Cook Stuffed Peppers with Ground Turkey & Rice
Cook the rice separately before making your stuffed peppers. While rice is cooking, saute your ground turkey in a pan until browned.
When rice and ground turkey are cooked – add all of stuffed pepper ingredients to ground turkey pan.
Fill halved peppers with rice and turkey filling. Bake for 20 minutes – Sprinkle with cheese and bake an additional 1 minute until cheese is melted.
Extra Tips For Making These Stuffed Peppers with Ground Turkey
- If you don’t have brown rice, you can use white rice or quinoa to stuff your peppers with.
- Make vegetarian? If you’d like to do this recipe “meatless” simply remove the turkey and double the amount of black beans.
- To keep these stuffed peppers fresh, store in a sealed container in refrigerator for up to 3-5 days or freeze.
What to Serve With Stuffed Peppers
If you tried this Easy Turkey Stuffed Peppers recipe or any other recipe, don't forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK for more crave-worthy content.
Healthy & quick stuffed peppers with ground turkey and black beans! A flavorful meal that requires minimal ingredients and under 1 hour to make.
- 4 large bell peppers
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- *Optional: avocado and sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In large saute pan cook ground turkey with 1 Tbsp olive oil, garlic powder and salt till meat has cooked through.
Add rice, black beans, salsa, 1/4 cup cheese, cumin and chili powder to cooked turkey. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Halve peppers and clean out seeds. Brush with olive oil and fill peppers with rice mixture. Bake in oven for 20 minutes. For last minute sprinkle cheese on top of peppers and let melt!
- Garnish with cilantro and favorite toppings (I used avocado and light sour cream!) and serve!