Fluffy Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
Start your morning with these wholesome & fluffy blueberry oatmeal muffins! These dairy-free muffins are made with sweet blueberries, hearty oat flour, and are perfect for a grab-n-go breakfast or snack.
I love a good muffin. Especially when they’re filled with summer berries and nutritious ingredients. These fluffy muffins are SIMPLE, delicious, and can be enjoyed as a kid-friendly snack, a healthier dessert, or a delish breakfast muffin. Either way, I know you’re gonna love them!
In this recipe, I chose to use oat flour (ground up oats) rather than regular flour. Why? Because oats are packed with antioxidants, fiber, and vitamins, and it responds almost identically like regular flour does. So it’s a great healthy swap and can easily be made gluten-free by using GF oat flour.
Even though these muffins are made with healthier ingredients, have no fear – they’re so tasty and satisfying! They also have a natural sweet taste and a super soft texture which makes them quite irresistible.
Ingredients You Need
These ingredients are super simple and should be available at your local grocery store. Below is listed everything you’ll need plus helpful substitutions!
- Blueberries: I like to use fresh blueberries – but you can also swap for frozen. Other berries you can use would be raspberries or blackberries.
- Oat flour: This is ground up oats and can be purchased or made by grinding old-fashioned oats in a blender until flour-like. Swap for all-purpose if you don’t have on hand.
- Milk: I prefer using dairy-free milks like almond milk or coconut milk (not canned).
- Butter: we love using vegan butter to keep things dairy-free. You can also swap for regular butter.
- Eggs: we have not tested this recipe with any egg replacements.
- Sugar: to keep things natural, I love using coconut sugar. It responds identically to brown sugar and is an unrefined sweetener. You can also swap for brown sugar as well.
- Vanilla: use pure vanilla extract for extra flavor.
- Baking powder
How to Make Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins – step by step
(1) Whisk dried ingredients together in a large bowl.
(2) in a separate bowl use an electric mixer to whip soft butter for 30-60 seconds. Then whisk in eggs.
(3) add whisked butter and eggs to dried ingredients. Along with sugar, vanilla, and almond milk. Do not over-mix batter.
(4) in a small bowl use a fork to smash 1/2 cup blueberries.
Then add smashed and whole blueberries. Gently fold into batter – do not over mix batter.
Grease a muffin tin or line with paper cups, fill 3/4 of the way and bake at 375F for 30 minutes.
Special Baking Tip
You know that butter wrapper you’re about the throw in the trash while baking up these muffins? 😉 I have an idea.
Let’s use it! Grab your muffin tin and use the remaining oils on the wrapper to perfectly grease your muffin pan. Nothing goes to waste and it’s super resourceful!
Extra Muffin Advice
Don’t over-mix batter: this is a rule of thumb in baking muffins, breads, and cakes. Especially when using oat flour, over-mixed batter can result in a very rubbery or tough muffin. Trust me, ya don’t want that. Stir ingredients slowly until just combined.
Use an ice cream scoop/portion spoon to measure batter: this is a secret among bakers to get the perfect muffin top. Use an ice cream scooper like this one to perfectly measure and shape your muffin batter into your baking tin.
Best Tips for Storing & Freezing
Store leftovers: keep baked muffins in a ziplock bag or airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days or refrigerate for up to a week.
Freeze: let muffins completely cool then wrap in plastic wrap and store in freezer-friendly bag. Freeze for up to 2-3 months – when ready to serve let muffins thaw completely before heating in microwave for about 15 seconds.
More Bread & Muffin Recipes to Try
- Oatmeal Vegan Banana Muffins
- Flourless Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Healthy Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chunks
I hope you enjoy these blueberry muffins just as much as we do! They’re oh-so-scrumptious and a great way to use up all those summer berries.
Happy baking! xoxo
If you tried this Fluffy Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins recipe or any other recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK for more crave-worthy content.
Start your morning with these wholesome & fluffy blueberry oatmeal muffins! They're made with sweet blueberries, hearty oat flour, and are perfect for a grab-n-go breakfast or snack.
- 2 Tablespoons turbinado/raw sugar *optional
Preheat oven to 375F.
Whisk dry ingredients together – oat flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
Then use either a hand-held or electric mixer and whisk soft butter for 30-60 seconds. Then beat in eggs.
Add whisked butter and eggs to dry ingredients. Add sugar, vanilla, and milk then gently fold together – do not over-mix batter.
In a separate small bowl mash 1/2 cup of blueberries with a fork. Then add smashed and whole blueberries to batter – gently fold in until just combined.
Grease a muffin tin or line with paper cups, fill 3/4 of the way to the top with batter. Sprinkle raw sugar on top if desired. Then bake muffins for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing muffins from tin.