Fluffy Pumpkin Crumb Muffins
Hows everyone’s week going?! Have you already put up Christmas decorations? Or bought all the winter-scented candles yet?
If so, good for you!! I’m still in pumpkin land (hence these super, duper, yummy, fluffy pumpkin crumb muffins! <3 )
For me personally I have to wait till at least Thanksgiving for it to feel like it’s Christmas. And the weather being a little chillier would help too…(I WAS WEARING TANK TOPS LAST WEEK. AHH.)
But until I feel like I can transition over to all-things-Christmas, these muffins are bringing me a taste of November. I just think Thanksgiving season + pumpkin flavored recipes go hand-in-hand. There is really nothing more that I enjoy than baking pumpkin muffins/bread to eat on Thanksgiving day!
Drew and I also like to reheat our muffins if they aren’t straight from the oven with a quick microwave spin and eat them warm! Ahhh. There ain’t nothing like warm pumpkin muffins!
Enjoy these delicious muffins with friends and family this season!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe, I would love to hear how you enjoyed it! Review and comment below and let me know your thoughts. Also share your pictures on instagram #asimplepalate - I love seeing your recipe creations! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK.
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp white sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp salted butter melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees.
- In large bowl add dry ingredients for muffins (flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking soda + powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, saland sift till combined.
- In small bowl mix wet ingredients together (coconut oil, pumpkin puree, eggs). Add eggs last and gentle combine into mixture.
- Combine wet into dry ingredients and gently mix till ingredients come together.
- In a greased muffin tin, using an ice cream scooper, scoop mixture evenly into prepared muffin tin.
Mix all ingredients together in one bowl till it forms into a thicker-crumb texture. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over muffins and bake for 23 minutes. Test if they are baked fully by sticking a tooth pick into center of a muffin and making sure it pulls out clean! When done baking let cool and enjoy!
Optional glaze recipe I drizzled over the muffins:
- 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1 tsp agave, 2 tbsp butter.
- On medium to low heat in sauce pan, melt all ingredients together (they will form together.) Stir consistently until it reaches a drizzle-like texture and use on cooked muffins!