Gluten Free Apple-Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
Fluffy, moist gluten free apple cinnamon muffins – easy to make, has the perfect crumble for over top, and are perfect for baking any time of the year! They’re perfect for dessert or to have as a little bit of a sweeter breakfast. A muffin recipe that will surprise you with how much they taste like regular muffins.
I am absolutely in love with this transition to Fall. I am “that person” that is baking, lighting pumpkin candles, going to every local fair, shopping for fall clothes too early and hanging out cafes every crisp night drinking pumpkin spice, cinnamon spice latte’s (or ANYTHING spice) and soaking up everything that is Fall! Anyone with me?
And so what brought me to these muffins is I’m big on baking a ton at this time of the year (aren’t we all?) so I reallllllyyy wanted to just try and see if it was possible to make the recipes I love at Fall time into gluten free ones. And to my surprise: IT WORKED! Please do yourself a favor and make these and get yo-self into the spirit! I promise there will be more Fall baking recipes to come! I can’t stop. 🙂
If you try this recipe or any other recipe, I would love to hear how you enjoyed it! Review and comment below and let me know your thoughts. Also share your pictures on instagram #asimplepalate - I love seeing your recipe creations! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK.
Soft & fluffy gluten free apple muffins served with a delicious cinnamon streusel. So yummy and perfect for baking any time of the year!
- 3 tbsp gluten free flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- Preheat Oven to 350Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin cups or a tiny bit of melted coconut oil
Using a large bowl, beat together the melted butter, applesauce, eggs, almond milk, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining dry ingredients. Then add the liquid mixture and stir well.
- Divide up the batter among the muffin cups, I used an ice cream scooper for even measurements. Add struesel topping (instructions beloand place in oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from oven and cool on a rack. Best served warm! Enjoy! 🙂
- Combine the GF Flour, Brown Sugar, and white sugar together in a small bowl.
- Add melted butter to the mixture. Using a fork, sift ingredients together till it's turned into a crumble. Sprinkle over muffin batter right before placing muffins in oven.