Gluten Free Apple-Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
I’m truly convinced. Gluten free muffins CAN and DO taste good!!! YAY!!
REALLY, when it comes to this recipe… ALL is right in the world. After having a moment of frustration (after one heck of a failed batch prior–unless you like to eat rubber) I bit into a muffin and well, I melted. All I can say is they are Campbell’s mmm mm GOOOOODDD. I’d say I started at the bottom and now my muffins are here. Get it?…Yah?
And friends, when I say “gluten free” DONT BELIEVE A WORD OF IT!! I’m lying.
These muffins are flavorful, fluffy, moist, and everything that you would NOT expect a gluten free muffin to exemplify. I truly didn’t expect to love them or believe in gluten free pastries.
I am absolutely in love with this transition to Fall. I am “that person” that is baking, lighting pumpkin candles, going to every local fair, shopping for fall clothes too early and hanging out cafes every crisp night drinking pumpkin spice, cinnamon spice latte’s (or ANYTHING spice) and soaking up everything that is Fall! Anyone with me?
And so what brought me to these muffins is I’m big on baking a ton at this time of the year (aren’t we all?) so I reallllllyyy wanted to just try and see if it was possible to make the recipes I love at Fall time into gluten free ones. And to my surprise: IT WORKED! Please do yourself a favor and make these and get yo-self into the spirit! I promise there will be more Fall baking recipes to come! I can’t stop. 🙂
If you try this recipe or any other recipe, I would love to hear how you enjoyed it! Review and comment below and let me know your thoughts. Also share your pictures on instagram #asimplepalate - I love seeing your recipe creations! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK.
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free flour (See notes for more info on this)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder use gluten free if you have an allergy
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or olive oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp gluten free flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- Preheat Oven to 350Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin cups or a tiny bit of melted coconut oil
- Using a large bowl, beat together the oil, applesauce, eggs, almond milk, brown sugar, vanilla and maple syrup
- In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining dry ingredients. Then add the liquid mixture and stir well.
- Divide up the batter among the muffin cups, I used an ice cream scooper for even measurements. Add struesel topping (instructions beloand place in oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from oven and cool on a rack. Best served warm! Enjoy! 🙂
- Combine the GF Flour, Brown Sugar, and white sugar together in a small bowl.
- Add melted butter to the mixture. Using a fork, sift ingredients together till it's turned into a crumble. Sprinkle over muffin batter right before placing muffins in oven.