Kale & Wild Rice Autumn Salad with Lemon-Herb Dressing
Oh heeyyy guys!!
It’s officially Farm Show time here in Manheim PA and I’ve been currently in need of a salad to dodge walking down to the fair every night and eating fries and milkshakes for dinner! AHH. Really, it’s a block down the road. How could I NOT do that every night?!
Well, I’ll say one thing. THIS salad is how I could not do that!! I made it the other night for a quick meal before we went down for fair food… Ya know? Just like a little filler so we don’t go thaaaat overboard…?
But, who am I kidding? We love food too much not to AND hello! It’s FALL. The season of eating! At least I like to think of it that way.
And SINCE it’s fall, I have been determine to make recipes that make me welcome fall even more… We even carved pumpkins with friends this past weekend. Can you say, EARLY? In our world… never. 🙂
This salad speaks everything FALL to me:
>WARM ROASTED SWEET POTATOES
>CRUNCHY, SWEET POMEGRANATE SEEDS
oh! And let’s please NOT leave out the refreshing lemon-herb dressing drizzled on top.
I think I heard my husband utter the words – “Best salad ever!” but, that could just be me… 😉
SRYSLY though. This salad—>DELICIOUS. WHOLESOME. REFRESHING. And right up my Fall alley.
If you try this recipe or any other recipe, I would love to hear how you enjoyed it! Review and comment below and let me know your thoughts. Also share your pictures on instagram #asimplepalate - I love seeing your recipe creations! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK.
- 1/2 bunch of kale chopped well
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 pomegranate seeded
- 1 Bag Simply Balanced Wild Rice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp salad vinegar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees for sweet potato. Wet potato and place in microwave for 3 minutes to soften it.
- Follow rice cooking instructions on bag. Add cooked rice, pomegranate seeds, cooked sweet potato to bowl. Toss salad ingredients together and drizzle lemon-herb dressing over top! Enjoy!
- Place all ingredients in a bowl together and whisk till completely combined. place in jar and store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.