Oatmeal Vegan Banana Muffins
The most delicious & moist vegan banana muffins! You’ll be hard-pressed to believe these muffins are made with healthy plant-based ingredients. They taste just like regular banana bread and are gluten-free friendly as well!
I’m a lover of all banana recipes – from pancakes, to bread, to these cute little vegan muffins – you can’t go wrong! And these healthy chocolate studded muffins have it all – balanced sweet taste, moist texture, and wholesome ingredients.
And the best part? You would never they are vegan or “healthy”. It’s a win-win situation for everyone. 😉
Ingredients You’ll Need
Before getting started, I recommend setting all of your baking ingredients out on the counter and checking them off to ensure you have everything needed! Here’s the full ingredient list:
- Oat flour
- Ripe bananas
- Dairy-free milk
- Vegan butter
- Coconut sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Dark chocolate chips
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Baking Powder
How to Make Vegan Banana Muffins
- First, mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Then stir in wet ingredients with chocolate chips.
- Use a large spoon or ice cream scoop and fill a greased muffin tin 3/4 of the way – top with chocolate chips. Bake for 30 minutes at 350F for perfection.
Tips for Storing & Freezing Banana Muffins
Keeping baked goods fresh is always key! Whether you are consuming them over several days or freezing them to enjoy for another time.
Keep muffins fresh: for a greater level of freshness I recommend refrigerating leftover muffins for up to 5-7 days – then reheat in the microwave.
Freezing muffins: Make sure muffins have completely cooled before storing in freezer-friendly ziplock bags and freeze for 1-2 months. Defrost at room temperature and reheat in microwave when ready to serve.
Helpful Baking Tips
- I use oat flour because it’s rich in nutrients & antioxidants and responds well in baking recipes. Use gluten-free oat flour if needed or replace with regular all-purpose flour.
- Either use a greased muffin pan or paper muffin cups.
- I used almond milk in this recipe but you can replace with coconut milk or any other nut-milk/dairy-free milk.
- Serve with a spread of peanut butter for extra flavor.
More Delicious Banana Bread Recipes
- Chocolate Covered Banana Bread Donuts
- Oatmeal Banana Coffee Cake
- Flourless Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Oatmeal Banana Pancakes
We enjoy these muffins as a quick on-the-go breakfast or as a healthier dessert with coffee. They are packed with nutrients & antioxidants and you will never be able to tell they are dairy-free and egg free!
I think that sounds like a recipe for success!
If you tried this Oatmeal Vegan Banana Muffins recipe or any other recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK for more crave-worthy content.
The most delicious & moist vegan banana muffins! You'll be hard-pressed to believe these muffins are made with healthy plant-based ingredients. They taste just like regular banana bread and are gluten-free friendly as well!
Preheat oven 350F.
Whisk together all of dry ingredients in a large bowl – oat flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Then stir in wet ingredients with dry – mashed bananas, melted vegan butter, almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Then fold in dark chocolate chips.
Use a spoon or ice cream scoop to measure batter into a greased muffin tin – fill 3/4 of the way. Sprinkle with extra chocolate chips over top if desired.
Bake muffins for 30 minutes – test with toothpick. Let cool for 10 minutes then carefully use a butter knife to remove edges of muffin from pan – then remove muffin. See notes for storing tips.