One of my favorite veggie wraps to make and eat! Sweet roasted red peppers, creamy avocado, and crunchy cucumbers wrapped in a soft tortilla layered with hummus. Loaded with nutrients and healthy vegetables – this wrap is so satisfying and DELICIOUS! Serve with a savory soup or your favorite salad.
You know you love a recipe when you make it three times in one week! This recipe kinda just happened. I ended up making it on a whim for lunch and then Drew and I fell in love with the flavors and texture. It’s super easy, has great flavor from using just a few simple ingredients, and is satisfying and DELICIOUS!
To me there is nothing better than warm, sweet roasted peppers, creamy avocado, crunchy veggies, all wrapped in a warm tortilla with hummus. Enjoy this recipe for a healthy lunch or serve it for dinner along side your favorite salad or soup!
How to Make Veggie Wraps with Hummus – Step by Step
- Preheat oven 400F. Drizzle red peppers with oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Roast for 20 minutes until charred.
- Then spread 1 to 2 tablespoons of hummus on tortillas.
- Layer with spinach, avocado slices, and thinly sliced cucumbers.
- Then add warm roasted peppers. To elevate this dish, sprinkle Everything But The Bagel Seasoning over wraps – this is optional.
Best Ingredients For a Veggie Wrap
Tortillas: If I’m not using homemade tortillas, I try to use the most wholesome tortillas I can find. Such as organic spelt flour tortillas or organic wheat flour tortillas. Use gluten free tortillas if needed!
Roasted red pepper: These are the star of the wrap. Warm, perfectly roasted, and great texture for this wrap.
Hummus or Tatziki: This adds plant-based protein to the wrap, tons of flavor, and keeps the wrap from being dry. I recommend either plain or roasted red pepper hummus, or tatziki sauce for this recipe.
Spinach or leafy greens: For an easy way to add nutrients and load up on veggies!
Avocados: I love using avocados for their taste and creamy texture. You can serve thinly sliced or lightly mashed for this wrap.
Cucumbers & Carrots: Crunch & texture is important – so I recommend thinly sliced cucumbers and carrots.
How To Fold A Wrap Correctly
We all know folding a wrap can seem difficult, but it’s actually easy and quick to do! Use these helpful step by step instructions to make sure your wrap folding if perfect when making this delicious recipe.
More Veggie Based Recipes To Enjoy:
Roasted Pepper Hummus Veggie Wap
- Preheat oven to 400F. Drizzle red peppers with olive oil and season with sprinkle of sea salt, black pepper, and garlic powder (1/4 teaspoon). Roast for 20 minutes.
- First spread 1 to 2 Tablespoons of hummus on tortilla, then sprinkle spinach leaves, thinly sliced cucumbers, avocados, and roasted red peppers. Wrap and enjoy!