The Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
The list to describe these cookies from heaven goes on and on.
I know chocolate cookies are the most basic and simple of all cookies. But as I’ve heard many chef’s say, when you cook something simple you better do it perfect. And these truly are perfect.
Drew and I have been making these cookies for awhile now. And what I realized with making chocolate chip cookies is they’re all made up of (basically) the same ingredients.
But what matters most is correct measurements and how you prepare your ingredients! Below I’m sharing 3 tips for making the best cookies ever. ?
- You do not need to chill your dough overnight to get great cookies! I used to always think this was the way to go… It failed so many times on my behalf. So, you may be sitting here reading this and asking “why nawt?” That brings me to tip #2!
- Melting your butter is everything! When you are mixing wet ingredients before adding the dry, I have found that melting my butter (just 30 seconds or so In the microwave) and letting it sit before mixing it with the wet ingredients makes them more soft, more melt-in-your-mouth texture!
- Another thing that I have read about is being very delicate with your eggs when you add it! I never did it until recently, but add your egg at the very end and don’t over mix when the egg is added! That will cause for a more harder cookie. Who wants that? 😉
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour use gf if needed
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Ghirardelli premium chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350F.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Mix and set aside.
In electric mixer add sugars, vanilla and melted butter. Beat until a smooth texture/fully combined. Add egg at last minute and on low speed gently mix into wet ingredients.
Add half of your flour mixture to your wet ingredients and mix until almost combined, repeat with the rest of the flour until all the way combined. Mix chocolate chips in last.
Form dough into round shapes and spread on greased cookie sheet Bake cookies for 8 minutes.
They will appear slightly under-done but cookies will cook the rest of the way as they cool. Carefully transfer cookies to cooling rack and let sit for several minutes. Repeat process until dough is done. ENJOY!