Hey! I’m Bethany, I’m so happy you found yourself here.
This space was first launched in 2014, but my love for food and cooking began at a young age standing beside my mother in the kitchen and learning my family’s famous recipes. From that point on, food became a huge part of my life and passion and is now my full-time job! To learn more about my food blogging journey, take a listen to a conversation I had with Elaine Benoit on her podcast Dishing with Delishes.
Here at A Simple Palate you’ll find dozens of tested until perfected recipes that are seasonal, always flavorful, and best enjoyed with the favorite people in your life. We like to keep recipes simple. This means minimal ingredients and straightforward step-by-step instructions that will help you navigate your way around the kitchen and teach you to make successful recipes no matter your level of experience.
Recipes for Every Occasion
Conquer busy weeknights with our 10-minute teriyaki chicken, create an Italian feast for any holiday or special occasion with our sweet & spicy Italian sausage lasagna, satisfy your sweet tooth by making our surprisingly wholesome chewy almond butter cookies, or spice up your meatless meals with our favorite vegetarian fajitas.
If that sounds like your style, we’re so happy to help make success happen in your kitchen! Check out our recipes page for more tasty inspiration.
My Food Philosophy
Balance. In my daily life and on my blog, I follow a label-less diet. This means eating mostly vegetarian/plant-based, creating baked sweets that are filled with nutritious ingredients, and still enjoying recipes that include meat and dairy in moderation.
Room for indulgence. I love eating healthy, but balance doesn’t mean deprivation. On my blog you’ll find tons of comfort food recipes like pasta, pizza, and cookies. Some of these dishes are traditionally made as a homage to my Jersey roots and love for Italian cooking, others have a modern healthy twist while still being indulgent.
Cooking with “clean” ingredients. I try my best to always cook with products that do not contain preservatives, added hormones, chemicals, or artificial flavors. Because of this, I believe in buying high quality, local ingredients from businesses and farms that uphold the same values.
- I’m married to my best friend Drew. Who just so happens to be A Simple Palate’s tech support, web developer/designer, and official taste tester! When Drew isn’t helping with the blog, he is working as a UI/UX designer for a software company based in Los Angeles.
- We both have a love for traveling, have moved around the US quite a bit together, and love trying all the delicious food along the way of each adventure we take.
- I’m a very happy puppy momma to our English Springer Spaniel, Hudson
- I was born in New Jersey and raised by a family full of passionate and loving New Yorkers who have always inspired and fueled my love for cooking
- I’m a born and raised New York Yankees fan
- Italian food was my first love and was the first type of food I learned how to make. Throughout my blog you’ll find some of my family’s famous Italian recipes.
A Simple Palate Content Protection
Friends, I absolutely love sharing my recipes with you. But all of A Simple Palate content is exclusively mine – all pictures, recipes, texts, unless stated otherwise. Please do not copy or paste my recipes to your blog/site or any other platform. To respectfully share food blogging recipes, you are welcome to share my photography with a link to the credited blog post. I reserve the right to ask you to remove anything of mine from your site/platform. If you have any questions on sharing my recipes, please ask me!