6 Ingredient Healthy Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
Warm, thick healthy Raspberry Oatmeal Bars – All you need are 6 simple ingredients and 35 minutes to make this recipe. Enjoy as a healthy dessert or on-the-go snack!
These thick, chewy raspberry oatmeal bars are not too sweet, and are a delicious healthy dessert or snack. All you need are 6 wholesome ingredients, and 35 minutes to make. This recipe is also packed with whole grains, made with unrefined sugar, and is egg free!
The Difference Between Steel-Cut, Rolled, & Instant Oats
The difference between steel-cut, rolled, and instant oats is simply how much the oat groat has been processed. This also results in each variety having a distinct texture and varying cook times. They all hold the same nutritional value – so choosing one over the other really comes down to preference and your desired baking/cook time.
How to Make Raspberry Oatmeal Bars – Step by Step
- (1) In a food processor (or high powdered blender) chop oats until a “meal” texture.
- (2) Mix all ingredients together in bowl. Texture should be slightly oil-y and crumbly but should hold together when pinched between fingers.
- (3) Lay parchment paper (with edges up), set aside 1/2 cup of oat crumble for later. Lay rest of oat mixture in parchment paper layer pan. Press and pack firmly on all edges to form crust. Prick with fork to allow crust to bake evenly.
- Bake crust 350F for 10 minutes.
- (4) Spread raspberry jam over crust – sprinkle 1/2 cup of oat mixture set aside over top of jam layer. Bake for 15-20 minutes until bars are golden brown on top.
- Let cool, lift bars out of pan with edges of parchment paper, let cool and slice in squares.
Tips For Making These Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
- Use peanut butter instead of eggs. Because there are no eggs in this recipe, peanut butter is the binding ingredient. It’s sticky texture is perfect for holding ingredients together – I also love the added peanut butter flavor.
- Use your favorite Jam. If you don’t have or like raspberry jam, this recipe is adaptable for you to use any jam you love or have on hand! I’ve tried blueberry, strawberry, and raspberry – all three are delicious.
Got Pinterest? Pin this recipe to your Pinterest boards!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe, I would love to hear how you enjoyed it! Review and comment below and let me know your thoughts. Also share your pictures on instagram #asimplepalate - I love seeing your recipe creations! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK.
Warm, thick Raspberry Oatmeal Bars. Only require 6 ingredients and are the perfect healthy dessert or on-the-go snack!
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a food processor or high-powered blender, roughly chop oats until they are course and in small pieces.
In a large mixing bowl add chopped oats & almond flour, coconut oil, honey, and peanut butter. The mixture should be oily and crumble-like texture.
Line an 8x8 square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside 1/2 cup of mixture for the crumble topping, and pour rest of oat mixture into pan. Press mixture down tightly with your fingers, as well as the edges. Make sure whole mixture is patted down evenly. Prick with fork to allow steam to come through the bottom of the pain (this prevents any unnecessary rising of the crust). Bake uncovered in oven for 10 minutes.
Let crust cool for several minutes. Dollop jam around the top and spread evenly. Use extra oat mixture that was set aside to sprinkle as crumble on top. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes, until edges of the crust are golden brown. Let bars cool for 10 minutes before cutting. Pull parchment paper edges to successfully and carefully lift bars out. Cut and serve! Store in a sealed container in fridge for up to 1 week or freeze.