6 Ingredient Raspberry Oatmeal Squares
Warm, thick Oatmeal Squares that only need 6 ingredients, have a peanut butter flavored crumble, and sticky raspberry jam in the middle. They have a chewy texture, can be a healthy dessert or snack, and are simply delicious.
Warm, crumbly squares, filled with gooey jam, and just the right amount of sweetness. These oatmeal squares are kinda like peanut butter & jelly – but in square form, and much more decadent. I’m such a fan. I mean, are you seeing that crumbly topping? So good.
Below I’m sharing some tips on how to make these simply delicious oatmeal squares!
Tips on How to Make These Raspberry Oatmeal Squares
- Line baking pan with parchment paper. To make the baking process the easiest it can be, I lay an oversized strip of parchment paper in my pan, with the paper edges above the sides of the pan, and bake the oatmeal squares in the parchment paper lined pan. I then use the edges of the parchment paper to lift the squares out of the pan when they are finished. This makes transferring your raspberry oatmeal squares significantly easier than trying to individually remove each bar in a greased pan.
- Bake crust first. Before baking the whole oatmeal squares, you first want to bake the crust. This evenly bakes and binds together the base of your square ingredients and will prevent the bars from falling apart. A very important step that you do not want to miss.
- Use peanut butter as a binding ingredient. When not using eggs in a recipe you get creative with binding ingredients. Add 2 tbsp of peanut butter to the crumble – this helps the almond flour, oats, and coconut oil hold together from the thick peanut butter texture. This also adds that irresistible peanut buttery flavor!
These raspberry oatmeal squares are perfect for on-the-go snack or a guilt-free dessert that will leave you satisfied thanks to the protein and whole grains. And if you enjoyed this specific recipe, you may also enjoy my Paleo Blueberry Crumble Bars. Also delicious.
If you make this recipe comment/review below and let me know what you think! And share your creations on Instagram #asimplepalate – I love seeing what you make.
Thick and chewy 6 Ingredient Raspberry Oatmeal Squares - packed with whole grains and is a satisfying healthy snack or dessert!
- 2 1/2 cup old fashion oats (use GF if needed)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 1 pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a food processor or high-powered blender, roughly chop oats until they are course and in small pieces.
In a large mixing bowl add chopped oats & almond flour, coconut oil coconut sugar, and peanut butter. The mixture should be oily and crumble-like texture.
Line an 8x8 square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside 1/2 cup of mixture for the crumble topping, and pour rest of oat mixture into pan. Press mixture down tightly with your fingers, as well as the edges. Make sure whole mixture is patted down evenly. Prick with fork to allow steam to come through the bottom of the pain (this prevents any unnecessary rising of the crust). Bake uncovered in oven for 10 minutes.
Let crust cool for several minutes. Dollop jam around the top and spread evenly. Use extra oat mixture that was set aside to sprinkle as crumble on top. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes, until edges of the crust are golden brown. Let bars cool for 10 minutes before cutting. Pull parchment paper edges to successfully and carefully lift bars out. Cut and serve! Store in a sealed container in fridge for up to 1 week or freeze.