How to Make Baby Back Ribs in the Oven
Amazing, baby back ribs in the oven – made with a smoky paprika rub, then broiled with a sweet bbq sauce. So delicious, easy, and one of the best rib recipes I’ve had!
If you are looking for a rib recipe that will blow your mind – these amazing, smoky baby back ribs are for you! Delicious, tender, fall apart ribs that will be a hit at your next cookout. This recipe requires no hassle – just simple steps with delicious results!
My family is obsessed with these ribs so I try to make them every couple of months or when we bbq. All you need for this recipe is simple seasonings for your spice rub, bbq sauce, and a nice cut of baby back ribs.
How Long Do You Cook Ribs at 350F?
The key to fall apart, tender ribs is cooking them at a lower temperature for a longer period of time. To properly bake these ribs at 350F – lay ribs on a sheet pan with rub, cover completely with foil to avoid steaming, and bake for 2 1/2 hours at 350F.
Tips for Making Baby Back Ribs In the Oven
- Use smoked paprika to get the “smoky” flavor in this recipe. If you don’t have smoked paprika – plain paprika works fine as well. You just won’t get the smoky flavor.
- For tender ribs fall apart ribs – completely seal ribs in foil so no air escapes to avoid steaming. This creates more heat so the ribs can bake evenly.
- Broil ribs with bbq sauce at very end on HIGH for 1-2 minutes to get a slightly crispy texture to your ribs.
- I like to use baby back ribs for this recipe because they are smaller and the most tender cut for ribs.
If you try this recipe or any other recipe, I would love to hear how you enjoyed it! Review and comment below and let me know your thoughts. Also share your pictures on instagram #asimplepalate - I love seeing your recipe creations! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK.
Smoky, tender bbq ribs baked in the oven - so easy, absolutely delicious, and a must-have recipe for your next cookout!
- 2 racks baby back pork ribs (about 1 1/2 lbs each)
- 1 cup your favorite BBQ sauce
Smoked Paprika Rub
- 2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
Preheat oven to 300F. In a small bowl mix all of rub seasonings together. Lay 2 sheets of foil down on a sheet pan. Rinse your ribs with cold water and pat *completely* dry with paper towel (having your ribs be slightly wet will cause steaming which you do not want).
Lay ribs on foil and use all of your rub on both sides -- make sure seasoning is spread evenly. Use another sheet of foil for over top and tightly seal shut to prevent ribs from steaming/to bake properly. Bake for 2 1/2 hours.
Once time is up remove ribs from oven, take the top sheet of foil off. Turn oven broil on high and baste ribs with BBQ sauce, place back in oven for 2 minutes. Keep a close eye on them to prevent burning. Repeat process until BBQ sauce is used up and ribs are crispy on the outside. Serve with your favorite barbecue sides and ENJOY!