Dutch Oven Cinnamon Raisin Bread
The most delicious homemade cinnamon raisin bread baked to perfection in a hot dutch oven! It has a doughy inside with sweet raisins and cinnamon, and a crunchy outer crust.
There is nothing quite like homemade bread. Especially this perfectly sweet cinnamon raisin bread. It has a light and crunchy crust, with a doughy inside, and it’s of course studded with perfectly sweet raisins. We love toasting this bread with butter or our recommended cinnamon honey butter for complete perfection!
For this recipe all you’ll need is 1-bowl for mixing, a dutch oven pot, and a little over 30 minutes for the bread to bake. It’s EASY, so so tasty, and freezer-friendly.
Let’s get baking!
How to Make Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- Activate the yeast with the warm water.
- Add rest of ingredients and stir until dough is sticky.
- Place dough on a floured surface then shape with hands into ball. Place in a greased bowl, cover with damp towel in a warm place and let rise for 3+ hour or until doubled in size.
- Remove risen dough and use just enough flour on your hands and on the surface to form it into a ball.
- Place on parchment paper then use edges of paper to lift into dutch oven. Cover and bake at 450F for 30 minutes, remove lid and bake until golden brown on top (another 5-10 minutes).
Tools You’ll Need
You can make this bread in a Kitchen Aid electric mixer (with bread attachment) or use a rubber spatula/wooden spoon and large bowl to stir ingredient together.
Tips for Making This Cinnamon Raisin Bread Recipe
- If you don’t want to use all-purpose white flour you can use this recipe with whole wheat or a gluten free flour blend.
- Use parchment paper in dutch oven to bake dough so you can lift/transfer baked bread out more easily.
- You can freeze this raisin bread recipe or store in a container for up to 3-5 days.
Baking with Yeast
Active dry yeast: You’ll need to take different steps when baking bread with different yeasts. If you have active dry yeast on hand, you will need to activate it in water before adding flour (this step is included in the instructions).
Instant yeast: If you have instant yeast, you can skip dissolving it in water and stir it into your dry ingredients before adding water. Instant yeast has super small granules compared to active dry yeast so it does not need to be activated in water first.
If you tried this Cinnamon Raisin Bread Recipe recipe or any other recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK for more crave-worthy content.
The most delicious homemade cinnamon raisin bread! It has a doughy inside with sweet raisins and cinnamon, and a crunchy outer crust. Serve toasted with butter for absolute perfection!
DOUGH: In an electric mixer add warm water and yeast. Stir and let sit for 5 minutes for yeast to activate. Add sugar, raisins, cinnamon, flour, and salt. Use bread mixing attachment and mix together until dough forms. If dough is too wet or dry, add water/flour 1 Tbsp at a time until right consistency.
REST: Toss dough on lightly floured surface, place in greased bowl. Cover with a damp dish towel and let sit in a warm area for 3+ hours. Dough should be doubled in size.
PREHEAT: Preheat oven to 450F.
TRANSFER & BAKE: Place dough on lightly floured surface and form into ball again (keep lightly flouring your hands to prevent sticking). Lay dough on parchment paper and lift edges of paper to transfer dough into dutch oven. Cover and bake for 30 minutes, uncover and bake for 5-10 more minutes until golden brown.
Remove and let bread cool for 10 minutes before serving.