Easy Black Bean Sweet Potato Tacos
Enjoy these easy and DELICIOUS sweet potato tacos for a quick weeknight meal. Made with satisfying black beans, zesty roasted sweet potatoes, and crunchy pickled onions. A flavorful and easy to make meal!
If you love a good veggie taco – these satisfying and flavorful roasted sweet potato and black bean tacos are for you! They are loaded with flavor and have the best toppings that complete this dish such as guacamole and crunchy pickled onions.
Everything in this recipe is EASY to make and the results are so tasty! A wholesome, veggie packed meal.
Ingredients You’ll Need
This recipe is made with simple pantry ingredients and a few key taco toppings. Here’s the ingredients you’ll need:
- Sweet potatoes
- Black beans
- Red onion
- Spices: paprika, cumin, chili powder
- Garlic powder
How to Make Sweet Potato Tacos
- First, preheat oven to 375F. Then add sliced red onions to a jar with pickling ingredients. Let sit for 30 minutes in fridge.
- Then toss diced sweet potatoes with oil, salt, chili powder, cumin, and paprika – roast in oven for 25 minutes – flip half way through to roast evenly.
- Then cook black beans with salt & garlic powder. Prepare guacamole or replace with avocado slices.
- Assemble tacos with roasted potatoes, black beans, guacamole, and pickled onions.
Extra Recipe Tips
- Sweet potatoes: use organic sweet potatoes if you can – I find them to be more sweet and flavorful then non-organic.
- Tortillas: use flours of you choice. I love corn & wheat blend or use gluten free tortillas if needed.
- Guacamole or avocados: you can either use the simple guacamole recipe or use avocado slices with fresh lime juice over top.
- How to store: to properly store leftovers – place ingredients in separate airtight containers and ziplock bags in refrigerator. Then reheat as needed and re-assemble.
Lighten up “Taco Tuesday” with this healthy veggie taco recipe that is absolutely delicious. Serve on the side with rice or a side salad! The whole family will love this surprisingly easy and tasty dish.
More Delicious Recipes to Enjoy
- 30-Minute Vegetarian Tacos
- The Best Vegetarian Fajitas
- 30-Minute Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili
- Nourishing Sweet Potato Bowl
If you tried this Easy Black Bean Sweet Potato Tacos recipe or any other recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK for more crave-worthy content.
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cups distilled vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon coconut sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 avocados, smashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt to taste
Pickled onions: First add all of pickled onion ingredients to a mason jar or container – Shake or stir and let sit for 30 minutes. Pickled onions become more “pickled” the longer they marinate – they will keep for up to 5 days.
Tacos: Preheat oven to 375F then toss diced sweet potatoes with oil, salt, cumin, paprika, and chili powder. Roast for 25 minutes – flip halfway through to roast evenly.
Black Beans: Heat black beans in a pan with salt and garlic powder – stir occasionally and cook for 5-8 minutes.
Simple guacamole: mix smashed avocado, with 1 lime juiced, and salt to taste.
Assemble tacos with tortillas, roasted sweet potatoes, black beans, guacamole, and pickled onions over top.