Black Bean Vegetarian Fajitas
Quick & delicious Black Bean Vegetarian Fajitas – made with roasted peppers & onions, black beans, and guacamole. A flavorful, satisfying meal that’s packed with plant-based protein, and ready in 30 minutes. These vegetarian fajitas are also healthy and vegan friendly!
Guys, today we are talking about this yummy and easy vegetarian fajita recipe! I’ve rarely met a fajita I didn’t like. And this one may be my favorite thus far – even for meat lovers these fajitas are satisfying, so flavorful, and absolutely yummy. All you need are a handful of ingredients to make this recipe happen!
How to Make my Vegetarian Fajita Recipe
- Pick a protein – For this recipe you can use black beans, garbanzo beans/chick peas, or pinto. This gives your vegetarian fajitas a satisfying, plant-based protein to make your meal filling and extra delicious.
- Make your own seasoning – fajita seasoning is really simple. I’d forgo store-bought fajita seasoning just because a lot of them have artificial ingredients – it’s easy and affordable to make your own at home, and tastes way more fresh!
- Pile on the peppers & onions – what is a fajita without peppers and onions? Toss these in the oven at 400F for 15 minutes with seasonings so they will be roasted/charred well and not soggy.
- Choose a sauce topping – You can do either salsa or guacamole (or do both!). I love a good creamy guacamole to pair with the spicy roasted peppers & onions. Adding salsa or guacamole is really the cherry on top for this vegetarian fajita recipe!
I serve this recipe with a side of quinoa/rice. This vegetarian fajita recipe is satisfying & healthy, easy, and done in 30 minutes! Once you’ve tried them you will find yourself make these fajitas again and again. If you are looking looking for more vegetarian recipes like this one, you may enjoy my Healthy Vegetarian Tortilla Soup, also delicious and easy!
If you make these delicious black bean vegetarian fajitas, comment/review below and let me know your thoughts! And don’t forget to post your pictures on Instagram #asimplepalate – I love seeing your recipe creations.
Quick & delicious Black Bean Vegetarian Fajitas - made with roasted peppers & onions, black beans, and guacamole. These vegetarian fajitas are also healthy, flavorful, and vegan friendly!
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, sliced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp (each) garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper
- pinch of cayenne (can adjust for more or less spice)
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
Preheat oven to 400F. Mix all of fajita seasoning in small bowl. Toss sliced peppers & onions in 2-3 tbsp olive oil and all of fajita seasoning until well coated. Lay evenly on a sheet pan. Bake for 15 minutes until vegetables are nicely roasted - flip veggies at 8 minutes to evenly roast.
Heat black beans in small pot on low heat for 2-3 minutes with a pinch of salt. Warm tortillas in oven for 1-2 minutes or microwave for 30 seconds.
Remove peppers & onions from oven. Assemble fajitas: Tortilla, black beans, peppers & onions, guacamole, splash of lime juice, cilantro. Serve with rice/quinoa - enjoy!