The BEST EVER Vegetarian Fajitas
Quick & delicious Black Bean Vegetarian Fajitas – made with roasted peppers & onions, black beans, and guacamole. A flavorful, satisfying meal that’s packed with plant-based protein, and ready in 30 minutes. These vegetarian fajitas are also healthy and vegan friendly!
Say hello to the BEST vegetarian fajitas you’ll ever try! And I know that’s a bold statement – but these really are SO stinkin’ good. All you need are a handful of simple ingredients, 15 minutes to cook, and you have yourself a quick & delicious meal.
If you are used to meat-focussed fajitas, fear not. There is no missing meat in this recipe! The black beans are loaded with protein and make this dish completely satisfying & filling.
My Favorite Veggie Fajita Fillings
- black beans – I love using black beans in this recipe because of their flavor and added plant-based protein that makes this recipe filling and satisfying. I season the black beans with a little salt & garlic powder for extra flavor.
- Guacamole – Guacamole not only adds delicious flavor to this recipe, but helps cool the spice from the peppers & onions, and also is another filling ingredient. You can’t go without the guac.
- Peppers & Onions – These are a staple for any fajita recipe – for these peppers & onions I use a homemade seasoning recipe and roast them for 15 minutes.
How to Make These Vegetarian Fajitas – Step by Step
- Mix all of fajita seasoning together. Toss peppers and onions in olive oil and fajita season. Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Heat black beans on stove top for 3 minutes until warm with salt & garlic powder.
- When peppers are cook assemble fajitas – tortilla, black beans, peppers & onions.
- Add toppings to fajitas – guacamole, cilantro, splash of lime.
Extra Tips for Vegetarian Fajitas
- No black beans? You can use garbanzo beans, pinto beans, or white beans for this recipe in place of black beans.
- Serve rice or quinoa as a side dish for these fajitas.
- Choose good quality tortillas or make your own.
- Make this recipe gluten free by serving with GF tortillas or serve fajita ingredients over rice/quinoa.
More Vegetarian Recipes You May Enjoy:
If you try this recipe or any other recipe, I would love to hear how you enjoyed it! Review and comment below and let me know your thoughts. Also share your pictures on instagram #asimplepalate - I love seeing your recipe creations! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK.
Quick & delicious Black Bean Vegetarian Fajitas - made with all wholesome ingredients, is satisfying, flavorful, and a healthy 30 minute meal!
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, sliced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp (each) garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper
- pinch of cayenne (can adjust for more or less spice)
- 6 small tortillas
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
Preheat oven to 400F. Mix all of fajita seasoning in small bowl. Toss sliced peppers & onions in 2-3 tbsp olive oil and all of fajita seasoning until well coated. Lay evenly on a sheet pan. Bake for 15 minutes until vegetables are nicely roasted - flip veggies at 8 minutes to evenly roast.
Heat black beans in small pot on low heat for 2-3 minutes with a pinch of salt. Warm tortillas in oven for 1-2 minutes or microwave for 30 seconds.
Remove peppers & onions from oven. Assemble fajitas: Tortilla, black beans, peppers & onions, guacamole, splash of lime juice, cilantro. Serve with rice/quinoa - enjoy!