The BEST EVER Vegetarian Fajitas
Quick & delicious Black Bean Vegetarian Fajitas that are really the best ever! They’re made with seasoned roasted peppers & onions, black beans, and creamy guacamole. A flavorful, satisfying meal that’s packed with plant-based protein, and ready in 30 minutes. These vegetarian fajitas are also healthy and vegan friendly!
Say hello to the BEST vegetarian fajitas you’ll ever try! And I know that’s a bold statement – but these really are SO good. All you need are a handful of simple ingredients, 15 minutes to cook, and you have yourself a quick & delicious meal.
If you are used to meat-focussed fajitas, fear not. There is no missing meat in this recipe! The black beans are loaded with protein and make this dish completely satisfying & filling.
My Favorite Veggie Fajita Fillings
- Black beans – I love using black beans in this recipe because of their flavor and added plant-based protein that makes this recipe filling and satisfying. I season the black beans with a little salt & garlic powder for extra flavor.
- Guacamole – Guacamole not only adds delicious flavor to this recipe, but helps cool the spice from the peppers & onions, and also is another filling ingredient. You can’t go without the guac.
- Peppers & Onions – These are a staple for any fajita recipe – for these peppers & onions I use a homemade seasoning recipe and roast them for 15 minutes.
What Veggies Do You Put in Fajitas?
With the proper Tex-Mex seasonings (see recipe card), you can use almost any vegetable in fajitas. Here are some of my recommendations:
How to Make These Vegetarian Fajitas – Step by Step
- Mix all of fajita seasoning together. Toss peppers and onions in olive oil and fajita season. Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Heat black beans on stove top for 3 minutes until warm with salt & garlic powder.
- When peppers are cook assemble fajitas – tortilla, black beans, peppers & onions.
- Add toppings to fajitas – guacamole, cilantro, splash of lime.
Extra Tips for Vegetarian Fajitas
- Substitute black beans: You can use garbanzo beans, pinto beans, or white beans for this recipe in place of black beans.
- Serve on the side: rice or quinoa as a side dish for these fajitas.
- Tortillas: You can either use a homemade recipe, high-quality store-bought tortillas, or use gluten-free tortillas if needed.
More Delicious Vegetarian Recipes to Enjoy
- Easy Black Bean Sweet Potato Tacos
- Nourishing Black Bean & Sweet Potato Bowl
- 30-Minute Stir Fry Vegetables
- Southwest Veggie Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- 30-Minute Vegetarian Tacos
- Healthy Vegetarian Tortilla Soup
If you tried this The BEST EVER Vegetarian Fajitas recipe or any other recipe, don't forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK for more crave-worthy content.
Quick & delicious Black Bean Vegetarian Fajitas that are really the best ever! They're made with seasoned roasted peppers & onions, black beans, and creamy guacamole. A flavorful, satisfying meal that's packed with plant-based protein, and ready in 30 minutes. These vegetarian fajitas are also healthy and vegan friendly!
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, sliced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp (each) garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper
- pinch of cayenne (can adjust for more or less spice)
- 6 small tortillas
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
Preheat oven to 400F. Mix all of fajita seasoning in small bowl. Toss sliced peppers & onions in 2-3 tbsp olive oil and all of fajita seasoning until well coated. Lay evenly on a sheet pan. Bake for 15 minutes until vegetables are nicely roasted - flip veggies at 8 minutes to evenly roast.
Heat black beans in small pot on low heat for 2-3 minutes with a pinch of salt. Warm tortillas in oven for 1-2 minutes or microwave for 30 seconds.
Remove peppers & onions from oven. Assemble fajitas: Tortilla, black beans, peppers & onions, guacamole, splash of lime juice, cilantro. Serve with rice/quinoa - enjoy!