10-Minute Teriyaki Chicken & Broccoli
In just a few simple steps you can make takeout at home with this easy & flavorful teriyaki chicken & broccoli! Consists of 9 simple ingredients, no marinating required, and only 10 minutes to cook up. Serve this juicy chicken and homemade teriyaki sauce over rice as a quick dinner or meal prep!
Juicy, tender chicken in an amazing sweet gingery sauce. This sauce is better than any store-bought teriyaki and is so easy to make at home while still feeling like you got takeout. What I love about this recipe is it reminds me of weekends Drew and I would order take out (usually chicken & vegetables over a big bowl of rice) and curl up on our couch watching an episode of Gilmore Girls. We both love a good sauce-y chicken with lots of vegetables over rice or quinoa.
We love this recipe so much and make it on REPEAT.
Not only is this dish super yummy but it’s a fast and easy dinner the whole family will love. All you need is a handful of simple ingredients and a few minutes to whip up this amazing 10-minute dinner!
What is Teriyaki Chicken Made of?
Classic Japanese teriyaki chicken is made with soy sauce, sugar, ginger, saki, and mirin. I adapted my recipe and left out the saki and mirin to make this recipe more simpler. This recipe consists of these 9 simple ingredients:
- Soy sauce/liquid aminos
- Coconut sugar
- Sesame oil
- Corn starch
How To Make Teriyaki Chicken
- First, heat a cast-iron skillet or pan on medium heat, brown chicken in oil until cooked on all sides and slightly crisp.
- After whisking teriyaki ingredients into a glass jar, pour over browned chicken and stir in pan for 1 to 2 minutes. Sauce will thicken and absorb into chicken.
- Then, stir in steamed broccoli with chicken and teriyaki sauce.
What to Serve with Teriyaki Chicken
You can serve this chicken over white or brown rice, or quinoa. To get more veggies into your recipe, add sautéed peppers or carrots in with your chicken. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and sliced green onion!
Helpful Cooking Tips
- For protein in this recipe you can use chicken breasts, cutlets, or boneless/skinless thighs.
- Other natural sweeteners you can use if you don’t have coconut sugar – agave, honey, or maple syrup.
- Make as meal prep: store in sealed containers over rice/quinoa and enjoy throughout the week.
- Add extra vegetables to your teriyaki chicken like sautéed carrots (shredded or sliced), cauliflower, mushrooms, or sliced peppers.
- Cooking tools: I love using my cast iron skillet to cook this recipe. You can also use stainless steel or a wok.
Other Delicious Stir Fry Recipes To Make
If you tried this 10-Minute Teriyaki Chicken recipe or any other recipe, don't forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK for more crave-worthy content.
Make takeout at home with this easy & flavorful teriyaki chicken & broccoli! Minimal ingredients, no marinating required, and only 10 minutes to cook up. Serve this juicy chicken and homemade teriyaki sauce over rice as a quick dinner or meal prep!
- 3 organic chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups broccoli, steamed
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (or liquid aminos)
- 3 Tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger (grated fresh or dried)
- 2 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds *optional
Whisk all of teriyaki sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
On medium heat in a cast-iron skillet brown chicken in oil until cooked on all sides and slightly crispy. *If pan isn't hot enough the chicken will steam so make sure pan is hot but not burning.*
Add teriyaki sauce to cooked chicken and stir for 1 to 2 minutes for sauce to thicken.
Stir in broccoli with chicken and sauce. Serve over rice with sprinkled sesame seeds and enjoy!