Balsamic Glazed Chicken with Garden Tomatoes
Balsamic Glazed Chicken with Garden Tomatoes – Cheesy herbed chicken, on top of sweet roasted tomatoes, and drizzled with balsamic glaze. Most importantly, all you need are a handful of healthy ingredients and just 30 minutes to make. Such an easy, low carb dinner!
Balsamic Glazed Chicken with sweet roasted garden tomatoes. Since we are in tomato season I felt that we needed a recipe to put all those tomatoes to good use – I used gorgeous heirloom tomatoes in this recipe from my moms garden and they were absolutely delicious – especially roasted. To make this recipe all you need are a handful of healthy ingredients, 30 minutes, and you have a delicious meal-in-one!
This is one of Drew’s favorite recipes that I’ve made as of late! It’s a recipe that has everything you want – a little bit of vegetables & herbs, a satisfying protein, and of course CHEESE. And one of the best parts is it’s all made in one dish – yay to easy, no-hassle recipes.
How to Make Balsamic Glazed Chicken – Step by Step
- First, roast the tomatoes at high heat with olive oil, garlic, and seasoning for 10 minutes until they are well roasted.
- Next, stir in tomato paste with roasted tomatoes to help thicken.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt, peppers, & herbs. Lay chicken over tomatoes and bake for 15-18 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Finally, add mozzarella slices on top of chicken – broil on HI for about 1-2 minute until cheese is melted/bubbling. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and fresh chopped basil.
Tips for Making Balsamic Glazed Chicken
- You can use a variety of different tomatoes for this dish – roma, cherry, or heirloom tomatoes all work successfully for this recipe.
- I made this recipe with chicken breasts for a leaner protein – you can also use boneless/skinless chicken thighs.
- Balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze – I recommend glaze because it is more potent/flavorful and less acidic than straight balsamic vinegar.
For this balsamic glazed chicken recipe, I first roasted the tomatoes before adding the chicken so they could roast separately and evenly. I also love broiling this recipe at the very end to get the tomatoes and cheese browned and slightly charred.
What to Serve With Balsamic Chicken
You can serve this balsamic glazed chicken with white or brown rice, roasted vegetables, any type of pasta (spaghetti, rigatoni, tagliatelle, penne, ect.), zucchini pasta, Italian bread, or vegetable salad.
If you try this recipe or any other recipe, I would love to hear how you enjoyed it! Review and comment below and let me know your thoughts. Also share your pictures on instagram #asimplepalate - I love seeing your recipe creations! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK.
Balsamic Glazed Chicken - A healthy 30 minute dinner that is so easy and absolutely delicious! Tender herb chicken with balsamic and refreshing roasted tomatoes.
- 5 Large heirloom tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (each) salt & black pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 chicken breasts (sliced in half horizontally - you should have 4 cuts of chicken breast)
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 1 tsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (each) fresh or dried thyme, oregano
- salt & black pepper
Preheat oven to 425F. Lay tomatoes in a rectangle baking dish - toss with olive oil, minced garlic clove, and salt & pepper. Bake for 10 minutes until tomatoes are soft.
Stir in tomato paste to cooked tomatoes to help thicken. Season chicken on both sides with salt, pepper, and herbs (basil, thyme, oregano) then lay chicken on top of cooked tomatoes. Bake for 15-17 minutes until chicken breasts are completely cooked through.
Remove from oven. Put oven broil on HI - then lay mozzarella on top of chicken and place back in oven for 1-2 minutes while oven broils cheese. Remove from oven and drizzle with balsamic glaze and top with fresh basil.