Roasted Lemon Chicken and Potatoes
A flavorful, tender lemon chicken recipe with potatoes and an outstanding lemon-y sauce. Ready in less than 1 hour and all you need are minimal ingredients and 1 pan. Serve with rice and you have a delicious and healthy dinner!
Today we are talking about this DELICIOUS and easy lemon chicken recipe with a flavorful lemon-y sauce and hearty potatoes. This recipe only takes a little less than 1 hour, made in one pan, and consists of only a handful of wholesome ingredients! I don’t know about you, but that sounds like something I need on busier week nights.
Because this recipe is made with chicken – I figured it’d be best to have a sauce to go with it. The lemon-y sauce in this dish is made of garlic, lemon zest, chicken broth, and some dijon mustard. The sauce is really what brings this whole lemon chicken recipe together. When I made this recipe for my family it was a hit! We served it over brown rice and it was absolutely outstanding.
How to Make This Lemon Chicken Recipe – Step by Step
- First, place chicken in cast-iron skillet – season with salt & pepper. Arrange quartered potatoes around chicken.
- Whisk all of lemon sauce ingredients together. Then pour lemon sauce over chicken and potatoes.
- Place some lemon slices over top of chicken thighs and cook for 40 minutes – broil for 1 minute at the very end to slightly char chicken and potatoes.
Tips For Making This Roasted Lemon Chicken Recipe
- If you would like to use a leaner protein in this recipe you can replace the chicken thighs with chicken breast.
- You can add additional herbs to this dish like parsley, oregano, or thyme.
- The best potatoes to use in this recipe are baby potatoes but red potatoes work fine as well.
What to Serve With This Lemon Chicken Recipe
- I love to serve this lemon chicken recipe with brown or white rice. This dish creates a beautiful lemon-y sauce that is perfect to have with the chicken and potatoes over rice or quinoa. You can also serve with vegetable salad or additional roasted vegetables.
If you try this recipe or any other recipe, I would love to hear how you enjoyed it! Review and comment below and let me know your thoughts. Also share your pictures on instagram #asimplepalate - I love seeing your recipe creations! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK.
A flavorful, tender lemon chicken recipe with potatoes and an outstanding lemon-y sauce. Healthy, delicious, and so easy!
- 4-6 boneless-skinless chicken thighs
- salt & pepper
- 1 lb baby potatoes (halve potatoes or quarter if larger)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
Preheat oven to 425F. Lay chicken in cast-iron skillet - season with salt & pepper. Arrange potatoes around chicken thighs.
Whisk all of lemon sauce ingredients together in a bowl - lemon juice & zest, honey, olive oil, dijon mustard, garlic, and chopped rosemary.
Pour lemon sauce over chicken thighs and potatoes. Lay any extra lemon slices over chicken thighs and bake for 40 minutes - broil for 1 minute until chicken and potato edges are slightly charred. Serve chicken and sauce over rice and enjoy!