Cheesy Rotini Pasta with Roasted Vegetables
CHEESY, creamy rotini pasta topped with beautiful roasted vegetables. This pasta dish a must-try! It’s made with gluten free chickpea pasta, has so much flavor, and is one of my absolute favorite pasta dishes.
I’m a sucker for cheesy pasta and roasted vegetables. Thankfully this pasta has a ton of nutritious ingredients as well as being super flavorful! I used Banza chickpea rotini to have plant-based protein and make this dish gluten-free friendly. The pasta is mixed with rich tomato sauce, melty cheeses, and then topped with tons of roasted vegetables! The most delicious and healthier pasta dish I’ve ever tasted.
How to Make Pasta Noodles Taste Amazing
Well Salted Pasta Water: This is key for great tasting pasta. Using a generous amount of sea salt or himalayan salt in your pasta water will instantly draw out flavor from the pasta noodles.
Cheese that melts: For this recipe I recommend 2 different cheese variations – one is white or yellow cheddar cheese and a little mozzarella to keep it simple. Or I recommend whole foods brand of pre-made Italian cheese blend (i’ve not used other brands of blended Italian cheese and cannot promise the same results). To ensure your pasta is creamy and super cheesy use either for the most crave-worthy results!
Herbs: Seasoning your pasta with fresh herbs is an easy way to elevate the flavor of your dish. Add generous amounts of basil and even dried oregano if you have on hand. Always test & taste, then season your pasta with salt & pepper before serving to ensure perfection!
How to Make Rotini Pasta with Roasted Vegetables – Step by Step
(1) Preheat oven to 400F. Toss chopped vegetables in oil with salt and minced garlic. Roast for 20-30 minutes.
(2) After draining pasta add back to the pot: pasta, 1 cup of pasta water with cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
(3) Stir ingredients together – consistency should be a creamy/cheesy sauce. Adjust pasta water or more cheese if needed.
(4) Then add tomato sauce and fresh basil. Stir together and season with salt & pepper to taste if needed. Then serve pasta with roasted vegetables over top!
Helpful Tips To Remember
- Healthy Pasta Noodles: I’m so crazy about pasta. But to keep things wholesome and nutritionally focussed, I love using chickpea or lentil pasta noodles. They are not only gluten free and made completely from veggies, but are also an excellent source of plant-based protein. And these pasta noodles taste JUST like regular pasta! Win-win. You can also use regular pasta for this recipe as well.
- Tomato Sauce: For the base of this pasta dish, you can either use a quality store-bought tomato sauce for this or use my family’s famous San Marzano Tomato Sauce recipe.
- Roasted Vegetables: Adjust the vegetables to your liking. Add extra veggies to your roasting pan such as mushrooms, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, and red peppers.
- Storing leftover tips: Keep leftover pasta stored in an airtight container for 2-3 days – reheat in microwave.
Other Delicious Pasta Recipes To Enjoy
If you tried this Cheesy Rotini Pasta with Roasted Vegetables recipe or any other recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK for more crave-worthy content.
Super cheese rotini pasta topped with beautiful roasted vegetables. Use your favorite rotini pasta or chickpea noodles to make this delicious pasta dinner!
- 3 medium zucchinis (yellow and green)
- 1 medium eggplant, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt & black pepper
Preheat oven to 400F – Lay chopped veggies out on a sheet pan. Mix minced garlic, olive oil, and salt into vegetables. Roast for 20-30 minutes until vegetables are well roasted and browned.
Bring to a boil 8 cups of water with 1 teaspoon of salt. Follow directions on box of pasta you are using.
When pasta is an al dente texture, pour about 1 1/2 cups of pasta water in a separate pot or liquid measuring cup (or another vessel that can handle heat). Set pasta water aside and strain noodles.
Add pasta back to pot with cheddar, mozzarella, and pasta water. Balance consistency to desired level of cheesiness by adding more cheese or pasta water if needed.
Then add fresh basil and tomato sauce to pasta. Serve noodles with roasted vegetables over top with parmesan cheese and fresh basil.