Banana Bread Baked Cake Donuts
Irresistible baked cake donuts- Delicious homemade donuts that have a moist & fluffy texture, perfectly sweet banana flavor, and take just 10 minutes to bake!
If you love banana bread and donuts, I have the perfect duo for you. All you need is 1 bowl, 20 minutes, and a handful of simple ingredients!
These donuts are a tried and true recipe, always a crowd pleaser, and are everything but intimidating to make. You will be a professional donut baker in no time at all!
Are Cake Donuts Baked or Fried?
You do not need a frier to make these cake donuts – which is really what makes this recipe so easy! All you need is a donut pan and your trusty oven to make them happen.. By baking these donuts the result will be light, fluffy, and so moist! No frier, no fuss.
How to Make Banana Bread Baked Cake Donuts – step by step
- Smash very ripe bananas in a medium bowl.
- Mix in all of your ingredients together – slowly mix egg in last.
- Use a zip lock bag to transfer batter to donut pan – scoop batter into a zip lock bag, and cutting an inch off the corner of the bag – using like a piping bag – and squeeze/transfer batter into pan. Bake donuts for 10 minutes.
- Dip baked donuts face down into your melted chocolate – lay on parchment paper and let cool for several minutes.
Tips for How to Make This Baked Cake Donuts
- Get a donut pan – in order to make baked cake donuts you need a donut pan. They are inexpensive and a worthy tool to have in your kitchen – I recommend this donut pan.
- Avoid dry donuts – Don’t over bake your donuts. To get a perfectly moist donut, baking time should not exceed 10 minutes.
- Store in sealed container and reheat later – If you store these donuts in a sealed container, reheat in microwave for 15 seconds to get that warm, moist donut texture every time.
If you try this recipe or any other recipe, I would love to hear how you enjoyed it! Review and comment below and let me know your thoughts. Also share your pictures on instagram #asimplepalate - I love seeing your recipe creations! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK.
Irresistible baked cake donuts - these taste just like banana bread, are covered in chocolate, and just take 10 minutes to bake.
- 2 very ripe bananas, smashed
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar (regular white sugar works)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a standard donut pan.
In medium bowl smash ripe bananas with fork - add all ingredients (except egg) and mix in with bananas. Lastly, slowly mix in egg - don't over mix batter.
Fill a zip lock bag with batter and cut inch off the corner - use as a piping bag to transfer batter evenly into pan (link to the pan I used in the notes below) - fill the batter 3/4 of the way in pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove donuts from pan.
Chocolate Glaze: microwave chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave safe bowl. Dip donuts face down in melted chocolate. These are best when warm! So eat right away, or store in refrigerator in sealed container and reheat for later.