Banana Bread Baked Cake Donuts
Irresistible baked cake donut recipe – these taste just like banana bread, are covered in chocolate, and just take 10 minutes to bake. Delicious homemade donuts that have a moist & fluffy texture, perfectly sweet banana flavor, and are so easy to make!
I love banana bread and I love donuts. And these baked cake donuts are the best of both worlds – they taste like banana bread but in donut form…Dreams do come true. These addicting donuts are so soft and moist, have a sweet banana flavor, and are so easy to make.
I know homemade donuts can seem a bit intimidating, but these baked cake donuts are way easier to make than you may think – this recipe takes 20 minutes all together, no frying needed – just bake for 10 minutes, and the result is absolutely delicious.
Tips for How to Make Baked Cake Donuts
- Get yourself a donut pan – this is an inexpensive, worthy kitchen appliance to have. This forms your cake donuts into perfect circular pillows. I recommend this donut pan.
- Use a zip lock bag to easily transfer donut batter into donut pan – This process can get a little messy, but I found putting the batter into a zip lock bag, and cutting an inch off the corner of the bag – using like a piping bag – and squeeze/transfer batter into pan. So easy and no mess!
- Don’t over-bake your donuts – avoid your donuts from drying out by not over-baking. The donuts should be light, fluffy, and very moist from the combination of the sugar, bananas, and proper baking time – 1o minutes.
These donuts are light, fluffy, perfectly sweet, and absolutely addicting. This is a recipe you will make again and again! If you like this yummy baked cake donut recipe, you may also love this classic banana bread recipe.
Don’t forget to comment/review below if you try this recipe – I’d love to hear your thoughts! Post your photos on instagram #asimplepalate – I love seeing your beautiful food creations!
Irresistible baked cake donut recipe - these taste just like banana bread, are covered in chocolate, and just take 10 minutes to bake. Delicious homemade donuts that have a moist & fluffy texture, perfectly sweet banana flavor, and are so easy to make!
- 2 very ripe bananas, smashed
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar (regular white sugar works)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a standard donut pan.
Mix together dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking soda & powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt. Add smashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla. Mix until everything is just combined - don't over mix batter.
Fill a zip lock bag with batter and cut inch off the corner - use as a piping bag to transfer batter evenly into pan (link to the pan I used in the notes below) - fill the batter 3/4 of the way. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove donuts from pan.
Chocolate Glaze: microwave chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave safe bowl. Dip donuts face down in melted chocolate. These are best when warm! So eat right away, or store in refrigerator in sealed container and reheat for later.