30-Minute Honey Sesame Chicken
Make your favorite takeout recipe at home with this easy and DELICIOUS honey sesame chicken. Sticky, juicy chicken with a sweet homemade sauce that consist of 5 ingredients! Made with healthier ingredients and is done in a total of 30-minutes.
When you’re craving takeout you can now make your favorite asian chicken recipe at home!
This amazing honey sesame chicken has just the right texture, the perfect sticky & sweet sauce, and gives you all the same feels of takeout – but homemade even more delicious.
You’ll not only find this recipe to be full of flavor but includes minimal ingredients that are easy to prepare!
Ingredients You’ll Need & Substitutions
The sauce in this recipe is simplified down to 5 ingredients and for the chicken you’ll need only 3 ingredients. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Soy sauce: you can also swap for gluten free soy sauce or liquid amino’s to make gluten free.
- Garlic clove: I prefer fresh garlic but you can swap for 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Honey: I recommend raw + local honey.
- Corn starch: this helps the sauce & chicken breading thicken.
- Flour: I used oat flour to keep things healthier but you can also use all-purpose flour.
- Sesame oil: this gives the sauce an authentic asian flavor.
- Chicken: use chicken breast or boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- Oil: use olive oil or avocado oil.
- Eggs: I recommend pasture-raised eggs.
How to Make Honey Sesame Chicken
- First, make an assembly line of whisked eggs, flour + corn starch, and a plate for the breaded chicken.
- Dip chicken first in egg, and then in the four mixture – pack flour on well. Repeat until finished.
- In a pan heat 2-3 Tablespoons of oil – brown chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side until crispy.
- Then heat sauce ingredients in pan for 1 minute until warm and sauce begins to thicken. Add breaded chicken and cook on LOW with sauce for 1 to 2 minutes. Then serve over rice.
I love serving any sauce-y recipe like this over brown/white rice or quinoa. You can also serve with your favorite steamed vegetable like broccoli, cauliflower, or stir fry vegetables.
Extra Recipe Tips
- Make gluten free: either use gluten free oat flour or a gluten-free flour blend. Then swap soy sauce for either gluten free soy sauce or liquid aminos.
- Make it spicy: This sauce is made sweet & a little bit salty. If preferred add spice by using red pepper flakes or chili pasta until desired level of spiciness.
- Keep leftovers: Store leftovers in a sealed container and refrigerator for 3-4 days.
We hope you love this recipe just as much as we do. What could be better than juicy breaded chicken in a sweet sesame sauce? It’s such a simple recipe with the most delicious results.
Takeout at home has never been easier!
More Asian Recipes to Try
If you tried this 30-Minute Honey Sesame Chicken recipe or any other recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK for more crave-worthy content.
Make your favorite takeout recipe at home with this easy and DELICIOUS honey sesame chicken. Sticky, juicy chicken with a sweet homemade sauce that consist of 5 ingredients! Made with healthier ingredients and is done in a total of 30 minutes.
Whisk eggs in a small bowl and in a separate bowl mix together flour and corn starch together.
First dip chicken into eggs, then flour mixture – use hands to pack flour onto each piece.
Heat pan with oil then add chicken pieces and brown on each side for 2-3 minutes. Repeat until chicken pieces are all cooked.
In a separate pan heat all of sauce ingredients for 1 minute until sauce starts to thicken. Add browned chicken and cook in sauce for 1 to 2 minutes. Then serve!