Apple Pomegranate Salad
The whole family will love this flavorful pomegranate salad! Made with crisp apple slices, crunchy & sweet pomegranate seeds, and lots of greens paired with a homemade balsamic dressing. It’s the perfect salad to serve as a Thanksgiving side salad or to compliment your favorite fall meal!
If you’ve never sprinkled sweet pomegranate seeds over a salad, then you are in for a treat! This is one of my favorite salads to make for fall and winter, and it’s always a crowd-pleaser.
This dish has a little bit of everything in it – lots of texture, sweet fruit taste, and leafy greens. You will fall in love with the flavors and find that it compliments almost any meal!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Below you’ll find the full list of ingredients needed to make this salad happen!
- Greens: For the base of the salad I love using mixed greens, arugula, or kale!
- Apples: my favorite apples for salad are honey crisp, pink lady, or fuji!
- Pomegranate seeds: these sweet seeds add the perfect pop of flavor to the salad.
- Nuts: for the crunchy texture you can use chopped walnuts, pecans, almonds, or hazelnuts.
- Oil: for the salad dressing! I recommend using quality olive oil.
- Balsamic vinegar: a quality balsamic vinegar to flavor the salad dressing.
- Honey: to sweeten the salad dressing! You can also use maple syrup or coconut sugar.
- Garlic powder: this will add flavor to the salad dressing!
- Cheese: to add an extra level of flavor you can sprinkle feta or gorgonzola cheese over top!
Extra Tips for Success
- Make dairy-free: This salad is delicious with feta or gorgonzola, but if you need it to be dairy-free you can leave the cheese out altogether. It’s just as delicious!
- Make this salad ahead: If this salad needs to be prepped ahead of time I recommend storing all the prepped ingredients in separate ziplock bags, then assembling the salad as needed close to the time of serving.
- Add protein: you can pair this salad with grilled chicken as a protein or for a plant-based option, try lentils or chickpeas.
- More toppings to add: some extra toppings you can add would be dried cranberries or cherries, roasted butternut squash, cooked wild rice for heartiness, or sliced pears!
- A tip if using kale: I usually blend the base of this salad with kale and arugula. But if you dislike the texture of kale my best tip would be to chop it really small. It blends right in with the arugula, and no one ever notices!
What to Pair it With
This salad goes perfectly with just about any meal! But some of my favorite meals to serve it with are alongside this lemon rosemary chicken and potatoes, air fryer turkey breast, or this autumn chicken and butternut squash skillet.
Other Delicious Salad Recipes to Enjoy
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Tuscan-Style Panzanella Salad
- Autumn Kale & Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- Pear and Gorgonzola Salad
If you tried this Apple Pomegranate Salad recipe or any other recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK for more crave-worthy content.
The whole family will love this amazing pomegranate salad! Made with crisp apple slices, crunchy + sweet pomegranate seeds, and lots of greens paired with a simple balsamic dressing. The perfect salad to serve as Thanksgiving side salad or to compliment your favorite meal!
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 honey crisp apple sliced thin
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- salad greens our favorites are chopped kale, arugula, or mixed greens
- 2 tbsp feta cheese or gorgonzola works too!
Assemble the salad: in a large salad bowl, add the greens, pomegranate seeds, apple slices, nuts, and feta.
Mix the salad dressing: in a glass jar, add all of the salad dressing ingredients. Cover it with a lid and shake it until combined, or use a spoon/fork to whisk the ingredients together.
Serve: drizzle the dressing over top of the salad and serve!