Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
Each bite of this Mediterranean chickpea salad is full of nourishing vegetables and a tangy herb vinaigrette! It’s fresh, full of color, and has so much flavor.
This chopped chickpea salad has it all! Tons of veggies, a simple yet tangy vinaigrette, and lots of crowd-pleasing flavors.
You can serve this salad up as a side salad to compliment your favorite meal or serve it as a meal on its own! It’s surprisingly filling and even has quite a bit of protein from the garbanzo beans.
What gives this salad a Mediterranean spin is the added greek olives, tangy feta cheese, and the fresh herbs like parsley and oregano mixed with lemon. It’s simple yet so fresh and flavorful!
Ingredients You’ll Need
You’ll need a handful of veggies and pantry ingredients to make the dressing! Here’s everything you need: chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, English cucumbers, kalamata olives, red bell pepper, feta cheese, kale, lemon, red onion, garlic clove, olive oil, maple syrup, red wine vinegar, oregano, and fresh parsley.
How to Make Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
First, prepare the dressing ingredients and add them to a liquid measuring cup or bowl. Whisk ingredients together and set aside.
Then assemble chopped vegetables, chickpeas, olives, and feta cheese in a large salad bowl.
Drizzle dressing over top salad and toss until veggies are coated in the vinaigrette. Taste salad, adjust flavor with additional salt & pepper if needed, and serve!
Extra Tips for Success & Recipe Variations
- More veggies to add: you can customize this salad to whatever veggies you have on hand like adding spinach, mixed greens, radishes, fennel, black olives, roasted red peppers, artichokes, and chopped fresh basil.
- Taste before serving: even with salad, it’s important to taste before serving to see if any flavor is lacking. If it needs more flavor add a pinch of more salt & black pepper until just right.
- Make it vegan: if you’d prefer to have this recipe be vegan friendly you can omit the feta cheese. Add more kalamata olives if desired to make up for the salty flavor.
- Add grains: you can also add healthy grains to this salad like cooked farro, wheatberry, or quinoa.
- How to store leftover salad: for ultimate freshness, refrigerate in an airtight container for 1-2 days.
More Tasty Salads to Try
- Greek Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- Italian Salad with Parmesan Herb Dressing
- Avocado Spinach & Strawberry Salad
- Crunchy Lentil Salad
- Tuscan-Style Panzanella Salad
If you tried this Mediterranean Chickpea Salad recipe or any other recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK for more crave-worthy content.
Each bite of this Mediterranean chickpea salad is full of nourishing vegetables and a tangy herb vinaigrette! It's fresh, full of color, and has so much flavor.
- 1 14 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup English cucumber, slices
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Tuscan kale, stems removed & chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon (each) salt & black pepper
- 1-2 teaspoon maple syrup (or honey)
Whisk dressing ingredients: in a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, add all of vinaigrette ingredients and whisk together. Set aside.
Assemble salad: In a large salad bowl arrange chopped veggies, chickpeas, olives, feta cheese, and drizzle with dressing. Toss until salad ingredients are evenly coated in vinaigrette. Taste, adjust flavor with additional salt & black pepper if needed, and then serve!