Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
Loaded veggie mediterranean chickpea salad. Made with bursting cherry tomatoes, crunchy peppers and cucumbers, and a simple yet tangy greek dressing. This salad is full of fresh herbs and has so much flavor! Make for a healthy meal prep or as a satisfying side salad.
In need of a simple salad that is full of texture and flavor? Say no more. This loaded crunchy salad consists of all the best veggies and is paired with a simple yet tangy greek dressing! One of the many reasons I love this salad is most of the ingredients you’ll most likely have in your pantry already.
Easy, simple, and soo delicious!
How to Make Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Prep and chop all of your veggies. Then add all veggies, chickpeas, and feta cheese to a large bowl.
- Then whisk all of your dressing ingredients together.
- Pour dressing over top of your salad and mix everything together. Done!
See? Super simple steps to make this salad. Easy tip: I love letting the dressing sit with the salad so the flavors marinate a little. When salad is finished, store in the fridge or serve right away. Easy peasy and so yummy!
Extra Vegetables To Add
This salad is already packed with plenty of vegetables. But incase you have additional vegetables on hand, here are some of my favorites to add to this salad.
- Red onion
- White beans in replacement of chickpeas
Tips For Making Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Don’t have chickpeas? Substitute white cannellini beans instead if needed.
- Always taste the salad before serving – I usually add additional salt, cracked black pepper, and parsley on top of the salad after I toss it in with the dressing.
- As noted above, you can add any additional vegetables to this salad. You can also add grains like quinoa, barley, or farro for texture and flavor!
- This salad will keep well stored in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days.
More Delicious Salads To Enjoy
If you try this recipe or any other recipe, I would love to hear how you enjoyed it! Review and comment below and let me know your thoughts. Also share your pictures on instagram #asimplepalate - I love seeing your recipe creations! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK.
Loaded veggie mediterranean chickpea salad. Made with bursting cherry tomatoes, crunchy peppers and cucumbers, and a simple but tangy greek dressing. This salad is full of fresh herbs and has so much flavor! Make for a healthy meal prep or as a satisfying side salad.
- 1 can (14 0z.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 cup cucumber, diced small
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 3 Tablespoons avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon (each) salt & black pepper
Add all of chopped vegetables, olives, and feta cheese to a large bowl.
Then whisk all of dressing ingredients together in a small bowl or mason jar. Pour all of dressing over top of salad. Toss together - use additional salt & pepper to taste if needed.
Sprinkle with more fresh parsley and serve!