Balsamic Sautéed Brussels Sprouts
Easy Balsamic Sautéed Brussels Sprouts – a healthy side dish that requires only 5 simple ingredients and 25 minutes to make. So delicious and is the perfect addition to any meal!
If you are a fan of a good veggie side dish, these caramelized balsamic sautéed brussel sprouts are for you. One of my favorite ways to make brussels sprouts is by roasting them – but when I am in a time crunch, sautéed brussels sprouts are the way to go. They’re an easy and healthy side to add to any meal, and require only 3 main ingredients and 25 minutes to make. So simple and delicious!
How to Make Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic
- Saute halved brussels sprouts with olive oil for 10-15 minutes on medium heat – stirring often to avoid burning.
- Brussel sprouts should be browned and soft – test with a fork. Stir in balsamic glaze and saute brussels sprouts with glaze for additional 1-2 minutes.
Extra Tips When Making Balsamic Sautéed Brussels Sprouts
- Balsamic glaze or vinegar? You can use either. If you are using balsamic vinegar, you will need to cook some of the acidity off. So saute the brussels sprouts with the balsamic vinegar for 1-2 minutes – you will also need to use 1-2 additional tbsp of vinegar than glaze.
- If you would like to add bacon to this recipe – go for it! Brussels sprouts with bacon is a popular & delicious combination. Cook bacon separately, then chop into small pieces and add to brussels sprouts at the very end.
If you try this recipe or any other recipe, I would love to hear how you enjoyed it! Review and comment below and let me know your thoughts. Also share your pictures on instagram #asimplepalate - I love seeing your recipe creations! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK.
Delicious sautéed brussels sprouts with balsamic glaze. An easy and healthy side dish to add to any meal!
- 4 cups brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp balsamic glaze (see notes if using balsamic vinegar)
- pinch of black pepper, salt, and garlic powder
In a stainless steel pan, saute halved brussels sprouts in olive oil with pinch of salt, black pepper, and garlic for 10-15 minutes on medium heat. Sprouts should be browned and soft - test with a fork.
Add balsamic glaze and mix into brussels sprouts - cook for 1-2 minutes. Then enjoy!