Cauliflower “Shawarma” Wrap
This meat-eater approved cauliflower shawarma wrap is an easy 30 minute meal filled with zesty roasted cauliflower, crunchy pickled onions, and cool & creamy tzatziki sauce.
If you’ve never had a shawarma wrap, you are missing out! It has all the mediterranean flavors that I love wrapped in a warm doughy naan bread.
“Shawarma” is a part of middle eastern cuisine. These wraps are typically made with chicken, beef, or veal – but in this case we’re switching it up with the humble cauliflower.
The cauliflower is roasted to perfection with a perfect blend of spices, it’s then topped with pickled onions, creamy greek yogurt sauce, and a few extra vegetables! We love wrapping it in soft naan bread but you can also do pita bread too.
This recipe came about because it’s one of Drew’s favorite lunches that he orders at work. So I had to see if I could whip up my own version of it – and I’m pretty sure I heard him say it’s even better than his work lunch. 😉
Ingredients – Everything You Need
This recipe takes a handful of veggie toppings, spices, and pantry ingredients to make happen. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- cauliflower florets: you can buy pre-cut florets to save time!
- naan bread: use whole wheat or regular!
- tzatziki sauce: this is a greek yogurt dip that can be found in your local grocery store near the hummus.
- tomato slices: any type of tomato will do!
- pickled onions: pickling onions is so easy to do and adds a ton of flavor! You can also serve raw red onions instead.
- lemon: fresh lemon juice!
- cilantro: fresh cilantro leaves will give lots of flavor.
- spices: cumin, coriander, turmeric, paprika, garlic powder.
- oil: we use avocado oil for roasted or a high-quality olive oil.
Let’s Make Cauliflower Shawarma Wraps
(1-2) Toss together oil, cauliflower, and seasoning until evenly coated.
(3) lay cauliflower on sheet pan and roasted 400F for 25-30 minutes (flip half way through to evenly roast). Then assemble cauliflower with naan and toppings.
The Best Toppings
This wrap is ALL about the proper toppings. You need some creamy cool sauce, crunchy veggies, and some tomatoes for juicy texture.
I love using pickled red onions (see notes for recipe) which are SUPER easy to make but they can also be replaced with plain red onion.
Toppings you can also use: sliced cucumber, thinly sliced carrots, shredded cabbage, and red peppers or roasted peppers.
Top Tips and Recipe Variations
- No cauliflower? Use broccoli instead. Same instructions and cook time as the cauliflower!
- Wraps to use: use either white or whole wheat naan or pita bread. You can also use flour tortillas as well.
- Taztiki sauce is a greek yogurt & dill sauce that can usually be found in your local grocery store near the hummus/dips.
More Recipes to Try
If you’re lovin’ the vegetarian wrap vibe you may also enjoy our favorite roasted pepper hummus veggie wrap – which is equally as yummy as this wrap.
Whether you’re a meat eater or veggie lover, this recipe is for you! So much flavors, textures, and tons of tzatziki sauce make it complete perfection.
We love this wrap with all of it’s fresh, zesty flavor and we hope you love it just as much as we do!
If you tried this Cauliflower Shawarma Wrap recipe or any other recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK for more crave-worthy content.
A satisfying naan wrap with cauliflower shawarma. This meat-eater approved veggie wrap is an easy 30 minute meal filled with zesty roasted cauliflower, crunchy pickled onions, and cool & creamy tzatziki sauce.
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 red onion (see notes for how to pickle)
- 1/2 cup tzatziki sauce
- cilantro leaves
- chopped lettuce
Preheat oven to 400F. Cut cauliflower into small to medium florets.
In a glass bowl toss oil, chopped cauliflower, and all of spices together. Generously season with salt & black pepper – then lay out on a sheet pan and bake for 25-30 minutes (flipping halfway through).
Prep toppings and heat up naan wrap before serving. (see notes for pickle onion instructions)
When cauliflower is finished, assemble naan with tzatziki sauce, tomato, lettuce, cauliflower, pickled onion, cilantro leaves, and a splash of lemon juice. Serve and enjoy!