Creamy Cauliflower Soup (Vegan)
A super creamy cauliflower soup that is rich in flavor and full of nourishing plant-based ingredients! This soup is made with a secret pantry ingredient that makes it so creamy and adds just the right amount of protein.
I’m a lover of creamy soups and this vegan cauliflower soup is in my top faves. And if you’ve never had soup with cauliflower in it – believe me when I say it’s truly delicious and add’s the perfect touch of flavor.
One of the many reasons I love this soup is using white beans as not only protein but also a dairy replacement. When the beans are pureed with the soup is acts as a cream-base and gives this soup it’s velvety texture without using dairy. It’s a win-win situation.
This soup is extremely easy to make, consist of with 9 wholesome ingredients, and is instant pot friendly (see notes for cooking instructions).
Ingredients You’ll Need
This soup is made with a few vegetables and simple pantry ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Leeks: These are incredibly aromatic and add lots of sweet flavor!
- Yellow onions: onions will add to the taste and richness of the soup.
- Garlic cloves: fresh garlic (not garlic powder) is a must for any good soup.
- Cauliflower: the base of the soup! I love using fresh cauliflower but frozen works too.
- Vegetable broth: a high quality, low sodium broth!
- Thyme sprigs: fresh thyme sprigs are the perfect aromatic ingredient to infuse a ton of flavor into your soup!
- White beans: these beans have two purposes – protein and when they are pureed they are the perfect dairy replacement.
- Butter/vegan butter: use dairy-free butter, unsalted regular butter, or oil!
How to Make Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- (1) First, remove the ends and outer layer of leeks. Slice length wise in half and diced into small pieces. Then rinse diced leeks in a bowl of water.
- (2) Then saute diced leeks and onions with pinch of salt until browned – about 5 minutes. Add aromatics (garlic and thyme sprigs) and sauté for 30 seconds.
- (3) Add chopped cauliflower, vegetable broth, and white beans with salt & black pepper. Simmer 12-15 minutes until cauliflower is soft. Then use a fork to remove thyme sprigs.
- (4) Blend soup in a high-powered blender or hand-immersion blender. Season with salt & pepper to taste before serving.
How to Store & Freeze
How to store: Allow soup to cool to room temperature. Then store in an airtight container and keep chilled in fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Freezing instructions: Store soup in an airtight container or ziplock freezer bag and freeze for 2 to 3 months.
Extra Helpful Cooking Tips
- Make in an instant pot: Add all of ingredients to instant pot (leave out butter/oil) and set pressure cooker on HIGH for 8-10 – quick release the pressure then puree as instructed.
- Broth: use a high-quality organic vegetable broth or make your own with my instant pot homemade vegetable broth.
- How to cut leeks: if you’ve never worked with leeks before use this step by step process to ensure prepping them is a success.
- Blenders to use: to ensure your soup is creamy and pureed I recommend a high-powered blender or a hand blender.
You can also serve it with a crusty french bread or our easy 10-minute naan pizza.
More Vegan Soups to Try
- 30-Minute Leek and Potato Soup
- Healthy Tomato Basil Soup
- Tuscan White Bean Soup
- Panera Autumn Squash Soup
This cozy soup is perfect for chilly winter/fall nights. Make in a quick 10 minutes by using an instant pot or 30-minutes by cooking on the stove top.
The whole family will love this flavorful & velvety smooth soup!
If you tried this Creamy Cauliflower Soup (Vegan) recipe or any other recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK for more crave-worthy content.
Creamy cauliflower soup made with leeks, white beans, and vegetable broth. Simple ingredients with flavorful results! This soup contains no-dairy, takes 30 minutes to make, and is the most delicious vegan soup!
- 3 leeks, cleaned and chopped (see notes)
- 1 yellow onion, diced (small or half of large onion)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped (large cloves or 3-4 small)
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 3/4 cups white beans, drained
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- salt & black pepper
Prepare the vegetables: First, remove the ends and outer layer of leeks. Slice length wise in half and diced into small pieces. Then rinse diced leeks in a bowl of water. Dice yellow onion, and mice garlic cloves.
Sauté vegetables: In a large pot on low to medium heat, sauté diced leeks and onions in oil/butter for 5 minutes. Tip: always add a pinch of salt when sautéing vegetables. Each cooking process will be layered with flavor and it helps the ingredients "sweat" excess moisture.
Add aromatics: add minced garlic and thyme sprigs to sautéed vegetables, stir for 30 seconds. Tip: This simple step releases the aromatic properties of the ingredients, which in turn makes for a more complex, fuller-flavored soup.
Add rest of ingredients & simmer: Then add chopped cauliflower, vegetable broth, white beans, and salt & black pepper. Cover pot and let simmer for 12-15 minutes until cauliflower is soft. Use a fork to remove thyme sprigs.
Puree soup: Then either carefully transfer to a high-powered blender or use a hand-immersion blender to puree soup until creamy and smooth.
Taste and serve: Taste the soup before serving. Does it need more flavor? Add a pinch of salt until more flavors are drawn out. Need a little bit more of a kick? Add a pinch more of black pepper or a pinch of red pepper flakes. Serve and enjoy!