Creamy Cauliflower Soup (Vegan)
The most delicious & creamy cauliflower soup made with leeks, white beans, and vegetable broth. Simple ingredients with the most delicious results! This soup contains no-dairy, takes 30 minutes to make, and is the most delicious vegan cauliflower soup!
I’m a lover of creamy soups and this healthy cauliflower soup is in my top faves. And if you’ve never had soup with cauliflower in it – believe me when I say it’s truly delicious and add’s the perfect touch of flavor.
One of the many reasons I love this soup is using white beans as not only protein but also a dairy replacement. When the beans are pureed with the soup is acts as a cream-base and gives this soup it’s velvety texture without using dairy. It’s a win-win situation.
This soup is extremely easy to make, consist of with 9 wholesome ingredients, and is instant pot friendly (see notes for cooking instructions).
Ingredients You’ll Need
This soup is made with a few vegetables and simple pantry ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Yellow onions
- Garlic cloves
- Vegetable broth
- Thyme sprigs
- White beans
- Butter/vegan butter (or oil)
How to Make Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- (1) First, remove the ends and outer layer of leeks. Slice length wise in half and diced into small pieces. Then rinse diced leeks in a bowl of water.
- (2) Then saute diced leeks, onion, and garlic cloves with pinch of salt until browned – about 5 minutes.
- (3) Add chopped cauliflower, vegetable broth, white beans, and thyme sprigs with salt & black pepper. Simmer 10-12 minutes until cauliflower is soft. Then use a fork to remove thyme sprigs.
- (4) Blend soup in a high-powered blender or hand-immersion blender. Season with salt & pepper to taste before serving.
How to Store & Freeze Cauliflower Soup
How to store: Allow soup to cool to room temperature. Then store in an airtight container and keep chilled in fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Freezing instructions: Store soup in an airtight container or ziplock freezer bag and freeze for 2 to 3 months.
Extra Helpful Cooking Tips
- Make in an instant pot: Add all of ingredients to instant pot (leave out butter/oil) and set pressure cooker on HIGH for 8-10 – quick release the pressure then puree as instructed.
- Broth: use a high-quality organic vegetable broth or make your own with my instant pot homemade vegetable broth.
- How to cut leeks: if you’ve never worked with leeks before use this step by step process to ensure prepping them is a success.
- Butter or oil: to saute vegetables you can use vegan butter or oil for dairy-free or use regular butter instead.
- Blenders to use: to ensure your soup is creamy and pureed I recommend a high-powered blender or a hand blender.
What to Serve with Cauliflower Soup
You can also serve it with a crusty french bread or our easy 10-minute naan pizza.
More Comforting Soups to Try
- 30-Minute Leek and Potato Soup
- Healthy Tomato Basil Soup
- Tuscan White Bean Soup
- Healthy Vegetarian Tortilla Soup
- Panera Autumn Squash Soup
- Feel-Good Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- 30-Minute Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili
This cozy soup is perfect for chilly winter/fall nights. Make in a quick 10 minutes by using an instant pot or 30-minutes by cooking on the stove top.
The whole family will love this flavorful & velvety smooth soup!
If you tried this Creamy Cauliflower Soup (Vegan) recipe or any other recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK for more crave-worthy content.
The most delicious creamy cauliflower soup made with leeks, white beans, and vegetable broth. Simple ingredients with the most delicious results! This soup contains no-dairy, takes 30 minutes to make, and is the most delicious vegan cauliflower soup!
- 3 leeks, cleaned and chopped (see notes)
- 1 yellow onion, diced (small or half of large onion)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped (large cloves or 3-4 small)
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 3/4 cups white beans, drained
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- salt & black pepper
First, remove the ends and outer layer of leeks. Slice length wise in half and diced into small pieces. Then rinse diced leeks in a bowl of water.
Then with butter or oil saute diced leeks, onion, and garlic cloves with pinch of salt until browned – about 5 minutes.
In same pot with sautéed veggies add chopped cauliflower, vegetable broth, white beans, and thyme sprigs with salt & black pepper. Cover pot and let simmer for 10-12 minutes until cauliflower is soft. Use a fork to remove thyme sprigs.
Then either transfer to a high-powered blender or use a hand-immersion blender to puree until smooth. Season to taste with salt & pepper if needed and serve with crusty french bread!
See notes for instant pot cooking instructions.