Creamy Cauliflower Soup (Vegan)
A super creamy cauliflower soup that is rich in flavor and full of nourishing plant-based ingredients! This soup is made with a secret pantry ingredient that makes it so creamy and adds just the right amount of protein.
I’m a lover of creamy soups and this vegan cauliflower soup is in my top faves. And if you’ve never had soup with cauliflower in it – believe me when I say it’s truly delicious and add’s the perfect touch of flavor.
One of the many reasons I love this soup is using white beans as not only protein but also a dairy replacement. When the beans are pureed with the soup is acts as a cream-base and gives this soup it’s velvety texture without using dairy. It’s a win-win situation.
This soup is extremely easy to make, consist of with 9 wholesome ingredients, and is instant pot friendly (see notes for cooking instructions).
Ingredients You’ll Need
This soup is made with a few vegetables and simple pantry ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Leeks: These are incredibly aromatic and add lots of sweet flavor!
- Yellow onions: onions will add to the taste and richness of the soup.
- Garlic cloves: fresh garlic (not garlic powder) is a must for any good soup.
- Cauliflower: the base of the soup! I love using fresh cauliflower but frozen works too.
- Vegetable broth: a high-quality, low-sodium broth!
- Thyme sprigs: fresh thyme sprigs are the perfect aromatic ingredient to infuse a ton of flavor into your soup!
- White beans: these beans have two purposes – protein and when they are pureed they are the perfect dairy replacement.
- Butter/vegan butter: use dairy-free butter, unsalted regular butter, or oil!
14 cozy winter soups
Stay warm and try something new. Get my top winter soup recipes right to your inbox.
How to Make Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- (1) First, remove the ends and outer layer of the leeks. Slice lengthwise in half and dice into small pieces. Then rinse diced leeks in a bowl of water.
- (2) Then saute diced leeks and onions with a pinch of salt until browned – about 5 minutes. Add aromatics (garlic and thyme sprigs) and sauté for 30 seconds.
- (3) Add chopped cauliflower, vegetable broth, and white beans with salt & black pepper. Simmer 12-15 minutes until cauliflower is soft. Then use a fork to remove thyme sprigs.
- (4) Blend soup in a high-powered blender or hand-immersion blender. Season with salt & pepper to taste before serving.
How to Store & Freeze
How to store: Allow soup to cool to room temperature. Then store in an airtight container and keep chilled in fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Freezing instructions: Store soup in an airtight container or ziplock freezer bag and freeze for 2 to 3 months.
Extra Helpful Cooking Tips
- Make in an instant pot: Add all of ingredients to instant pot (leave out butter/oil) and set pressure cooker on HIGH for 8-10 – quick release the pressure then puree as instructed.
- Broth: use a high-quality organic vegetable broth or make your own with my instant pot homemade vegetable broth.
- How to cut leeks: if you’ve never worked with leeks before use this step by step process to ensure prepping them is a success.
- Blenders to use: to ensure your soup is creamy and pureed I recommend a high-powered blender or a hand blender.
You can also serve it with a crusty french bread or our easy 10-minute naan pizza.
More Vegan Soups to Try
- 30-Minute Leek and Potato Soup
- Healthy Tomato Basil Soup
- Tuscan White Bean Soup
- Panera Autumn Squash Soup
This cozy soup is perfect for chilly winter/fall nights. Make in a quick 10 minutes by using an instant pot or 30-minutes by cooking on the stove top.
The whole family will love this flavorful & velvety smooth soup!
If you tried this Creamy Cauliflower Soup (Vegan) recipe or any other recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK for more crave-worthy content.
Creamy cauliflower soup made with leeks, white beans, and vegetable broth. Simple ingredients with flavorful results! This soup contains no-dairy, takes 30 minutes to make, and is the most delicious vegan soup!
- 3 leeks, cleaned and chopped (see notes)
- 1 yellow onion, diced (small or half of large onion)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped (large cloves or 3-4 small)
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 3/4 cups white beans, drained
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- salt & black pepper
Prepare the vegetables: First, remove the ends and outer layer of leeks. Slice length wise in half and diced into small pieces. Then rinse diced leeks in a bowl of water. Dice yellow onion, and mice garlic cloves.
Sauté vegetables: In a large pot on low to medium heat, sauté diced leeks and onions in oil/butter for 5 minutes. Tip: always add a pinch of salt when sautéing vegetables. Each cooking process will be layered with flavor and it helps the ingredients "sweat" excess moisture.
Add aromatics: add minced garlic and thyme sprigs to sautéed vegetables, stir for 30 seconds. Tip: This simple step releases the aromatic properties of the ingredients, which in turn makes for a more complex, fuller-flavored soup.
Add rest of ingredients & simmer: Then add chopped cauliflower, vegetable broth, white beans, and salt & black pepper. Cover pot and let simmer for 12-15 minutes until cauliflower is soft. Use a fork to remove thyme sprigs.
Puree soup: Then either carefully transfer to a high-powered blender or use a hand-immersion blender to puree soup until creamy and smooth.
Taste and serve: Taste the soup before serving. Does it need more flavor? Add a pinch of salt until more flavors are drawn out. Need a little bit more of a kick? Add a pinch more of black pepper or a pinch of red pepper flakes. Serve and enjoy!