Chewy Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Cookies
The chewiest chocolate chip almond butter cookies! Made with gluten-free almond four and taste so decadent you’ll be hard-pressed to believe they’re made with healthier ingredients.
I pinky promise you will love every bite of these chewy chocolate chip almond flour cookies! They’re packed with nut buttery goodness and aren’t overly sweet or decadent. But, just right in taste and texture.
I’ve been making these cookies for years and can truly say they are one of my all-time favorite gluten free cookies! They’re rich, decadent, and yet made with healthier ingredients. So diving in and indulging is that much sweeter!
Ingredients You Need
You’ll need just 9 ingredients to make these cookies happen. Here’s everything you need: almond butter (creamy & natural), almond flour, coconut sugar, vegan butter, vanilla extract, egg, baking soda, cinnamon, and chocolate chips.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Cookies (1 bowl) – step by step
First, cream together melted butter, coconut sugar, egg, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Then stir in almond flour and baking soda in until wet ingredients are incorporated into dry ingredients. Then fold in chocolate chips.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a mini 1 1/2-inch cookie scoop to measure dough – roll into dough balls and arrange 3 inches apart from each other on baking sheet. Bake at 350F for 9 minutes then cool for several minutes before consuming! So so good.
Tips For Success
- Use natural almond butter: It’s super important to use a really creamy natural almond butter because of the moisture it has. Using a dry or hard almond butter will cause the cookies to dry up and not be chewy.
- Use room temperature ingredients: this is important for baking. Make sure your egg is room temperature and your melted butter has cooled as well. If the egg is cold it can solidify the melted butter, and if the butter is too hot it can start to cook the egg (aaand we don’t want that!).
- Tips for cookie dough balls: if your cookie dough is more firm you can use the palm of your hand to lightly press dough balls down to help them spread in the oven. If the dough is very soft, they will naturally spread on their own. This will depend on the type of almond butter you use.
- Sugar substitutions: if you don’t have coconut sugar, you can swap for equal parts brown sugar.
- Can I substitute almond butter for peanut butter in cookies? Yes! I like to use natural creamy peanut butter or even cashew butter works too.
How to Freeze & Store Leftover Cookies
Freeze dough balls: assemble the cookies and form dough balls, freeze on a sheet pan with parchment paper until dough is completely frozen. Then place dough balls to ziplock freezer-friendly bag and freeze for 1-2 months. Place frozen dough balls on sheet pan and bake whenever you are craving cookies!
Freeze cookies: Let cookies cool completely before placing in a large freezer-friendly bag (try not to stack them to avoid freezing together). Then freeze for 1-2 months. Let them sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before enjoying.
How to store leftover cookies: I love keeping homemade cookies in the fridge to help keep them fresh longer. They also get a lot chewier! Place them in a ziplock bag or airtight container and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Store cookies at room temperature for 4-5 days.
These chewy cookies are not only gluten-free friendly but are dairy-free too! I love using vegan butter in baking recipes because it works identically as regular butter, just without the unnecessary dairy.
You’ll find just about anyone will devour these cookies and not even notice the taste of healthier ingredients involved because, whelp…they’re just that good.
More Gluten Free Cookies to Try
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chewy Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourless Vegan Pumpkin Cookies
- Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
If you tried this Chewy Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Cookies recipe or any other recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK for more crave-worthy content.
The chewiest chocolate chip almond butter cookies! Made with gluten-free almond four and taste so decadent you'll be hard-pressed to believe they're made with healthier ingredients.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted and cooled (sub for regular butter)
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter (sub for peanut butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (or semi-sweet)
First, preheat oven to 350F.
Mix wet ingredients: In a large bowl, mix together melted butter, almond butter, coconut sugar, cinnamon, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
Add dry ingredients: Then fold in almond flour, baking soda, and chocolate chips with wet ingredients.
Scoop dough balls: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a mini cookie scoop or tablespoon to measure dough and form with hands 1 1/2-inch dough balls. Arrange on baking sheet 3 inches apart. Tip: if cookie dough is more firm you can use the palm of your hand to lightly press dough balls down to help them spread. If the dough is very soft, they will naturally spread on their own. This will depend on the type of almond butter you use.
Bake: Bake cookies for 9 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for several minutes before enjoying.