The Best Gluten Free Peach Crisp
Your summer isn’t complete without this amazing Gluten Free Peach Crisp! This buttery crisp dessert is paired perfectly warmed up with scoops of cold vanilla ice cream. A simple and delicious dessert that takes a total of one hour to make and is so EASY!
Say hello to this buttery, crispy, warm peach crisp that is anything but ordinary. It is made with all wholesome ingredients and is abundant in flavor! I’ve met a lot of crisp oat toppings in my days, but this one is easily my favorite and makes the whole dish. Your whole family will love this peach crisp and will for sure be running back for seconds!
How to Make a Crisp or Crumble Gluten Free
Since we have so many different gluten free flour options available now – you have many directions you could go in! For this recipe I kept it on the simple side – chopped gluten free oats or quick oats and almond flour. Combined together, these create the perfect bite of crumbly goodness mixed with coconut sugar and butter. You can’t even tell this recipe is gluten free! It’s that good.
How to Make This Gluten Free Peach Crisp – Step by Step
- Slice peaches and lay in baking dish or cast iron skillet.
- Add all of your ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Use a fork to mix crisp ingredients together – texture should be crumbly. Then sprinkle over peaches and bake for 40-45 minutes at 350F.
Tips For Making Gluten Free Peach Crisp
- Make it vegan/dairy free: This recipe is simple and easily adaptable to be vegan-friendly. Swap butter for vegan butter or coconut oil. I recommend vegan butter because it tastes exactly like regular butter – you would never know the difference!
- Baking dish: For this recipe you can use either an 8-inch cast iron pan or baking dish. This recipe is not specific for cast iron pans. 🙂
- Don’t want to use almond flour? Blend oats in a blender or food processor until “flour consistency” – use 1 cup of oat flour in place of almond flour.
- Coconut sugar can be substituted for brown sugar as well.
- Add chopped almonds, pecans, or hazelnuts to crisp topping for extra crunch/texture if desired.
Reheating Peach Crisp
This is an important step because we all want to eat our crisp warmed up. You can either use a microwave for 30-45 seconds in a glass bowl. Or preheat oven to 350F and warm up for 10 minutes or until warm (this time can vary due to the amount of crisp you are heating up).
More Gluten Free Desserts To Enjoy
- Chewy Almond Butter Cookies
- Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Raspberry & Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
If you try this recipe or any other recipe, I would love to hear how you enjoyed it! Review and comment below and let me know your thoughts. Also share your pictures on instagram #asimplepalate - I love seeing your recipe creations! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK.
Your summer isn't complete without this amazing Gluten Free Peach Crisp! This buttery crisp dessert is paired perfectly warmed up with scoops of cold vanilla ice cream. A simple and delicious dessert that takes a total of one hour to make and is so EASY!
Preheat oven to 350F.
Mix crisp topping ingredients together in bowl (See crisp topping section above).
Slice 4-5 peaches and lay slices in a medium cast-iron skillet. Then, crumble crisp topping over peaches.
Bake for 40-45 minutes - until top of crisp is browned and peaches are bubbling.
Remove from oven - serve warm with vanilla ice cream.