Put those juicy summer peaches to good use and make this easy and delicious gluten-free peach crisp! Filled with layers of sweet peaches and a buttery crisp topping, this crisp is the perfect summer treat for everyone. Best served warm with ice cream!
Summer peaches are absolutely delicious all on their own. But when they’re baked in this crisp they truly shine with a deeper sweetness and a beautiful caramelization! And the crumble topping paired with the sweet roasted peaches is simply divine.
This is one of the easiest desserts you can make! And let me tell you, it is always a crowd-pleaser!
We love to serve this for summer family dinners alongside cold ice cream (you can use regular ice cream or plant-based!).
I hope you love it as much as my family does!
Ingredients – What You’ll Need
This recipe requires just a handful of ingredients and takes only minutes to prepare. For this recipe, you’ll need these 7 ingredients:
- Peaches: fresh juicy summer peaches. You can also use frozen, but I love using fresh!
- Almond flour: super fine almond flour or almond meal works for this recipe!
- Oats: quick oats or whole oats will work. I love to use sprouted gluten-free oats!
- Vanilla extract: for flavor and richness.
- Cinnamon: for a warming spiced flavor. You can also add a touch of nutmeg too!
- Butter or oil: use regular butter if desired, or coconut oil to keep the recipe dairy-free.
- Coconut sugar: this is a natural unrefined sweetener that tastes exactly like brown sugar. You can also use maple syrup or brown sugar!
How to Make This Gluten-Free Peach Crisp – Step by Step
Add the peaches. First, arrange the sliced peaches to a baking dish.
Prepare the crisp topping. Next, in a medium-sized bowl, add the almond flour, oats, coconut sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and melted butter.
Mix topping and add to dish. Mix the topping completely together, then spread it evenly over top of the peaches. Bake at 350F uncovered for 40-45 minutes until the peaches are bubbling and the top is golden brown.
Add fruit. You can add additional fruit with the peaches to change the flavor. We like adding 1/2 to 3/4 cups of blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, or cherries.
Make it vegan/dairy free. This recipe is simple and easily adaptable to be vegan-friendly. Instead of butter, you can use vegan butter or melted coconut oil.
Make it grain free. To eliminate any grains from this recipe (such as the oats) you can replace the oats with equal parts almond flour!
Make it nut-free. If you prefer not to use almond flour, you can swap it for equal parts oat flour.
Sugar swap. If you don’t have coconut sugar, you can use maple syrup or honey as a natural sweetener. Or use brown sugar.
Add nuts. For a little crunch, you can add chopped almonds, pecans, or hazelnuts to the topping.
Tips for Success
The best baking dish for fruit crisp/crumbles. We love to cook with cast iron pans or enameled cast iron, but you can also use your favorite glass baking dish! 8-9 inches in size is best.
Peeling the peach skin is optional. I personally like leaving the peach skin on for my crisp recipes, but that’s my personal preference. If you don’t like the skin, you can of course peel it!
Fresh peaches are best, but frozen works too. I love using fresh juicy summer peaches for this recipe, but if you only have frozen peaches available they can also work for this recipe. Just keep in mind they will have a higher amount of water released when they are cooked. If the crisp becomes too watery, you can continue to bake it until the liquid absorbs.
How to Reheat Peach Crisp
Microwave: The fastest way to reheat this crisp is in a microwave for 30-45 seconds in a glass bowl.
Oven: I personally do not own a microwave, so I like to use the oven to reheat this crisp. In a preheated oven at 350F, place the crisp in a baking dish and cover with foil or a lid and bake for around 8-10 minutes or until the center is hot. Everyone’s oven is different so the cooking time may vary.
More Fruit Crisp Recipes to Try
The Best Gluten Free Peach Crisp
- 4-5 medium to large peaches, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix the topping ingredients: In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the almond flour, oats, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, melted butter, and sugar.
- Assemble the crisp: arrange the sliced peaches in a baking dish and then cover with all of the crisp topping.
- Bake: Then bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes – or until the top is browned and the peach juices are bubbling.
- Serve: Remove the crisp from the oven and let cool for several minutes, before serving alongside vegan or regular ice cream!