The most satisfying and flavorful veggie tacos EVER! Packed with sautéed mushrooms, zucchini, kale, and black beans – once you taste this recipe you won’t miss meat at all. The final touch is a delicious and creamy 4-ingredient avocado sauce. This recipe is a must-try for ALL taco lovers!
Tacos are a weekly staple in our house. We’ve been making these vegetarian tacos on repeat lately and I’m beyond excited to share them with you all because they might just be one of my favorite veggie tacos EVER. They’re not only quick to prepare, but can easily be adapted with different vegetables.
The super creamy avocado sauce is what completes these tacos and it’s ridiculously easy to make! You’ll need only 4 ingredients: avocado, lime, cilantro, and garlic. It’s very and adds another layer of creaminess and acidity to these already delicious tacos!
Ingredients You’ll Need
To make these vegetable tacos you’ll just need a handful of vegetables and a few seasonings to make this recipe happen. Here’s everything you need:
- Black beans
- Chili powder
- Everything blend seasoning: I like using Trader Joe’s “Everything But the Bagel” seasoning or you can find “everything blend” seasoning in any spice section!
- Garlic clove
How to Make Veggie Tacos – Step by Step
First add seasonings with black beans in a pan and place on a LOW simmer. Stir occasionally.
The different vegetables each cook for different times. First saute the zucchini for 3-4 minutes in butter, then add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. Last, stir in chopped kale for 1 additional minute with everything seasoning.
Let’s Whip up Avocado Sauce (4 ingredients)
Besides water and salt you’ll need 4 ingredients for this simple & super creamy sauce: avocado, cilantro, garlic clove, and lime juice.
Add ingredients into a blender or food processor with water and and season salt to taste. Blend until smooth.
Extra Tips for Making Vegetarian Tacos
Use any vegetable you love: these tacos are very versatile so you can use almost any vegetable you have on hand. I recommend: bell peppers, corn, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower.
Everything Seasoning: this is a must for the vegetables! It draws tons of umami flavor from the mushrooms and brings a satisfying taste to these tacos. Either use store-bought (located in your grocery store seasoning aisle) or make it yourself!
Storing avocado sauce: I love keeping the leftover avocado sauce in a mason jar stored in the fridge for 2-3 days to use up on other recipes or repeat on these yummy tacos. Tip: the more lime juice in the avocado sauce the more it will stay preserved and not brown.
Drew and I made these tacos for an entire WEEK because we loved them so much. I’m certain you and your family will love them just as much as we do!
Whether for “meatless Monday” or “taco Tuesday” – these veggie tacos are a balanced and nutritious meal that can be enjoyed anytime of the week. Enjoy!
More Vegetable Tacos to Try
- 30 Minute Vegetarian Bean Tacos
- Sweet Potato & Black Bean Tacos
- The BEST Vegetarian Fajitas
- 15-Minute Vegan Burrito Bowl
Loaded Veggie Tacos with Avocado Cilantro Sauce
Avocado Cilantro Sauce
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup water
- First, whip up avocado sauce. In a food processor or high-powered blender add all of ingredients: water, avocado, lime juice, cilantro, garlic clove, and salt. Blend until smooth – adjust salt to taste if needed. See notes for how to store sauce.
- In a pan on LOW heat simmer black beans with cumin, chili power, and a generous pinch of salt & pinch of black pepper. Stir occasionally.
- In a cast iron skillet or stainless steal pan, first saute diced zucchini with butter or oil for 3 minutes. Then add mushrooms and saute for another 3 minutes. Fold in chopped kale and cook for an additional 1 minute until soft – season with salt and everything seasoning blend.
- Assemble tacos with black beans, sautéed vegetables, avocado sauce over top and serve!