5 ingredient Homemade Peanut Butter Eggs
These decadent 5 ingredient peanut butter eggs are paleo-friendly, vegan, and beyond DELICIOUS. A healthier spin on a classic Reese’s peanut butter cup. Same decadent taste made with wholesome ingredients!
It’s the week of Easter! So let’s celebrate with these amazing, chocolate-y peanut butter eggs. Made with only 5 ingredients, are so easy, and beyond delicious! It’s like a homemade Reese’s peanut butter cup but made a little healthier. These are perfect to make for Easter or to enjoy year round because they’re that decadent and yummy!
If you are a peanut butter lover – this is a must-try recipe!
Making the peanut butter filling
The most important part. You want to make sure your peanut butter filling isn’t too liquid-y or dry. Use a more natural peanut butter for this recipe to keep the filling moist and easy to use with its natural oils.
This recipe is healthier, so rather than using powdered sugar like most peanut butter eggs – use almond flour or coconut flour as the thickening ingredient. Sweeten naturally with maple syrup, agave, or honey – so so easy and wholesome!
How to Make Homemade Peanut Butter Eggs
- First, mix together peanut butter, almond flour, and maple syrup together.
- Then use hands to shape into 6 eggs or 12 mini eggs. Lay on a parchment paper lined sheet pan and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil together, then use a fork to dip peanut butter eggs into chocolate.
- Lay eggs back onto the sheet pan and freeze again for 10 minutes.
Can You Freeze Homemade Peanut Butter Eggs?
Absolutely. This recipe is very freezer-friendly – store eggs in a glass sealed container or freezer ziplock-bag and freeze for up to 2 to 3 months. Easy to make in advance for holidays/events or to have on hand anytime you need a sweet treat!
- To sweeten this recipe I recommend using maple syrup, but you can also use agave or honey to substitute.
- How to store: place peanut butter eggs in a sealed container or ziplock bag and freeze for up to 3 months or refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
- Make sure you use natural nut butter – it has extra oils and more moisture. Using a thicker, less natural nut butter can change the consistency and result in a dryer peanut butter egg.
If you tried this 5 Ingredient Homemade Peanut Butter Eggs recipe or any other recipe, don't forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK for more crave-worthy content.
These decadent 5 ingredient peanut butter eggs are paleo-friendly, vegan, and beyond DELICIOUS. A healthier spin on a classic Reese's peanut butter cup. Same decadent taste made with wholesome ingredients!
Mix in a medium bowl peanut butter, almond flour, and maple syrup. Use hands to shape into 6 eggs or into 12 mini eggs. Lay on parchment paper lined sheet pan and freeze for 30 minutes.
In 30 second increments melt chocolate and coconut oil in bowl. Stir every 30 seconds to avoid burning. Repeat until chocolate chips have melted.
Use a fork to hold frozen peanut butter eggs and dip completely into melted chocolate. Lift and lay eggs back on parchment paper sheet pan. Freeze again for 5 minutes then enjoy! Keep stored in sealed container in refrigerator.
Optional: drizzle extra melted chocolate over top of eggs then freeze again for 5 minutes and serve.