Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bowl
This apple cinnamon oatmeal bowl is not only delicious but will keep you feeling full throughout your entire day! It’s filled with crisp apple slices, a sprinkle of cinnamon, nutritious nuts/seeds, and creamy almond butter all over hearty oats. It only takes 5 minutes to make and is super tasty!
Start your day with this comforting bowl of oats and crisp apple slices – it will leave you feeling satisfied and energized all day long. Oatmeal bowls are one of my favorite things to have for breakfast. I love packing mine with seasonal fruit, nuts, seeds, and of course – nut butter!
This is a quick 5 minute breakfast that can also be prepped the night before! Super easy and beyond delicious. Shall we dig in?
How to Make Oatmeal Taste Amazing
No one wants boring oatmeal, right? Adding simple ingredients while cooking oats will help lock in flavor and make things extra delicious! Here are a few ingredients to level up on flavor:
- Pinch of salt: salt goes a long way and draws out flavor when added to any dish.
- Cinnamon: I put cinnamon in everything, but especially oatmeal. It adds so much flavor and has great health benefits!
- Vanilla extract: A small splash of vanilla extract is just like salt – it enhances all the flavors in anything you add it to. It’s a must when making oatmeal!
One of the great things about eating oats for breakfast is the abundance of toppings you can add that give texture, flavor, and of course – are great for your body!
My favorite healthy toppings for oatmeal are: hemp seeds, chia seeds, walnuts, cinnamon, flax seeds, nut butters (almond or peanut butter), and fresh berries/fruit. All of these ingredients are nourishing to your body and make your oatmeal bowl taste amazing!
Preparing Oatmeal in Advance
For busier mornings you can prep this oatmeal the night before. Cook as directed then store in a sealed glass container in refrigerator. Reheat either on a stove top or in a microwave with a splash of almond milk or water. Add toppings after re-heated.
Extra Recipe Tips
- You can also use quick oats, barley oats, or gluten free oats in this recipe instead of old-fashioned oats (cooking times may vary).
- Other unrefined sugar sweeteners I like to use are coconut sugar, honey, or agave.
- Additional toppings for oatmeal: bananas, berries, frozen blueberries, almonds, flax seeds, and peanut butter.
More Tasty Recipes Using Oats
- Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bowl
- Almond Butter Banana Oatmeal
- Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
- Oatmeal Banana Pancakes
- Healthy Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
If you tried this Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal recipe or any other recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK for more crave-worthy content.
This apple cinnamon oatmeal bowl is not only delicious but will keep you feeling full throughout your entire day! It’s filled with crisp apple slices sprinkled with cinnamon, nutritious nuts/seeds, and creamy almond butter over hearty oats. Takes a quick 5 minutes to make and is super tasty!
Stove Top: Bring 1 cup water to a boil then stir in 1/2 cup oats, cinnamon, vanilla, and pinch of salt. Cook about 5 minutes over medium heat; stir occasionally.
Microwave: Combine water, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, and oats in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 2 1/2 to 3 minutes; stir before serving.
Top with almond butter, hemp seeds, apple slices, maple syrup, and pinch of cinnamon.