Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bowl
Peanut butter oatmeal bowl. A satisfying 5 minute healthy breakfast that is wholesome, packed with nutrients and so yummy! Topped with fresh fruit, coconut shreds, and dark chocolate – a vegan and gluten free friendly breakfast!
Let’s start Monday off right with this Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal. Today I’m also partnering with Madhava Sweeteners to bring you all things sweet and delicious with their Blue Agave. I love using agave as a natural sweetener, and is something I always have in my pantry. I’ve been drizzling it on top of peanut butter toast, as a sweetener for baking, and using it in thiiis delicious breakfast bowl.
How to Make Creamy Oatmeal
The key to getting a creamy, not-gluey bowl of oatmeal is using enough water. Cooking oatmeal in milk tends to make a stickier, thicker oatmeal. If preferred you can add a splash of almond milk or regular milk to your oatmeal.
Healthy Toppings for Oatmeal
- Fruit – banana, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries.
- Dried fruit
- Hemp seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds.
- Nuts – almonds, pecans.
- Peanut butter or almond butter.
- Cocoa nibs or dark chocolate chips
Tips for Making Peanut Butter Oatmeal
- For extra crunch/texture, add your favorite nuts or seeds – this peanut butter oatmeal is so versatile when it comes to the toppings.
- If you don’t want to use peanut butter, you can swap for cashew butter or almond butter.
- Use honey or coconut sugar as your sweetener if you don’t have agave.
The great this about thing about this peanut butter oatmeal is it’s packed with protein, fiber, and antioxidants. All good things that you want to start your day with! It’s also a filling, healthy breakfast that takes no time at all to make.
If you try this recipe or any other recipe, I would love to hear how you enjoyed it! Review and comment below and let me know your thoughts. Also share your pictures on instagram #asimplepalate - I love seeing your recipe creations! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK.
Nourishing peanut butter oatmeal bowl. A satisfying 5 minute breakfast that is wholesome, creamy, and so yummy! Topped with fresh fruit, coconut shreds, and dark chocolate.
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 cup water
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (extra for topping)
- 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut shreds
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips/pieces
- 2 tbsp agave nectar (I used Madhava Raw Blue Agave)
- banana slices
- fresh blueberries
Cook the oatmeal according to the package directions with salt, vanilla, and cinnamon.
Top cooked oatmeal with peanut butter, coconut shreds, chocolate pieces/chips, agave, and fresh fruit. Sprinkle with extra cinnamon and enjoy!