Healthy Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Learn how to make whole grain pumpkin spice pancakes for the fall season! This crowd-pleasing recipe is made with healthy oat flour, and nutritious ingredients that are gluten-free and dairy-free friendly. You will make these pancakes on repeat once you try them!
Embrace the fall season by swapping your regular pancake recipe for these fluffy, healthy pumpkin pancakes! They’re made with hearty oat flour, savory pumpkin spices, and real pumpkin puree. They are so soft in texture, naturally sweet, and have the perfect pumpkin-y flavor.
Some other fun facts about these pancakes – they are gluten-free, dairy-free friendly, and full of whole grains! All the ingredients used to make them are nourishing and wholesome, while still producing a super tasty pancake that everyone will love.
With a little butter, walnuts for texture, and a drizzle of maple syrup, you have yourself the perfect breakfast or brunch recipe!
Ingredients – What You Need
Below you’ll find the full list of ingredients needed for this recipe, plus some ingredient substitutions!
- Oat flour: this is one of my favorite flours to use because it’s rich in antioxidants and healthy fiber and works just the same as regular flour. You can either purchase oat flour or make it yourself by grinding up rolled oats in a blender until consistency is fine like flour.
- Almond milk: use your favorite almond milk – you can also replace with another non-dairy milk or regular milk.
- Pumpkin puree: make sure to use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
- Pumpkin pie spice: This is where a lot of the pumpkin flavor comes in. You can purchase this spice or make it yourself.
- Vanilla extract: vanilla always draws the most flavor out of pancake recipes – I recommend using a pure vanilla extract.
- Eggs: I recommend using organic pasture-raised eggs.
- Butter: I love using vegan butter to keep things dairy-free – it also tastes and works just the same as regular butter. Replace with regular butter if needed.
- Coconut sugar: This is used to naturally sweeten the pancakes – you can also use maple syrup as a replacement.
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
First, whisk together dry ingredients – oat flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Then add wet ingredients to dry – eggs, pumpkin puree, almond milk, vanilla, coconut sugar, and melted butter. Fold ingredients together until batter forms – do your best not to over-mix the batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan on low to medium heat, then pour 1/4 cup batter onto pan at a time. Brown on both sides – about 2 minutes on the first side then flip pancake and cook another minute on the last side. Repeat until batter is finished.
- Serve pancakes with maple syrup and butter.
Tips for Success
- Pancake toppings: maple syrup, butter (vegan or regular), walnuts, bananas, peanut butter/almond butter, hemp seeds, or chia seeds.
- Make your own oat flour: oat flour is essentially ground up oats. You can easily make your own by blending whole oats in a coffee grinder, food processor, or blender until “flour” consistency.
- Flour substitutions: If needed, replace oat flour with gluten-free oat flour, all-purpose flour, or gluten-free flour blend.
- Fixing a lumpy batter – if you have an flour lumps in your batter, you don’t want to overmix it to fix the issue. Use a fork to press the lumps against the edge of the bowl and help smooth out the batter.
- Use a measuring cup for scooping batter – to measure out the perfect amount of batter for each pancake, I recommend using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, or for a slightly bigger pancake you can use 1/3 cup.
These amazing fall pancakes are filled with savory pumpkin spice flavor. They are golden brown and a completely irresistible breakfast that is packed with wholesome ingredients.
Best Tips for Storing & Freezing Pancakes
Store pancakes: place leftover pancakes in an airtight container or ziplock bag – store in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Freeze pancakes: to properly freeze pancakes, line a sheet pan with parchment paper and lay pancakes on paper. Freeze for 1 hour then store in a freezer bag or airtight container for up to 1-2 months.
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes to Enjoy
- Oatmeal Banana Pancakes
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bowl
- Almond Butter Banana Oatmeal
- Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bowl
If you tried this Healthy Pumpkin Spice Pancakes recipe or any other recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK for more crave-worthy content.
Learn how to make golden pumpkin spice pancakes for the fall season! This recipe is so easy, made with healthy oat flour, and is gluten-free & dairy-free friendly. You will make these pancakes on repeat once you try them!
Whisk dry ingredients: In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients – oat flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Add wet ingredients: In the same bowl as the dried ingredients, add wet ingredients – eggs, pumpkin puree, almond milk, vanilla, coconut sugar, and melted butter. Fold ingredients together, then mix until everything is completely combined. Note: do your best to not over-mix the batter. If there are lumps of flour in the batter use a fork to press them out against the side of the bowl.
Make the pancakes: Heat a non-stick pan on LOW to MEDIUM heat – if needed use some butter to grease the pan and pour 1/4 cup batter onto the pan at a time. Use the back of the measuring cup to gently spread the batter out. Brown on both sides – about 2 minutes on the first side then flip the pancake and cook another minute on the last side. Repeat until the batter is finished. Note: add chocolate chips to the pancakes if desired!
Serve: top the warm pancakes with maple syrup and butter. See notes for extra topping suggestions.