Thick & chewy peanut butter oatmeal bars are the perfect healthy dessert or snack! They have every ounce of indulgence you could want – but without the guilt that comes with refined sugars and flour. You’ll be reaching for seconds once you take the first bite!
If you are a lover of peanut butter, you’ve come to the right place. I’m slightly obsessed with these chocolate chip oatmeal bars. They taste like a chewy cookie but in a bar form. They’re thick, chocolate-y, and filled with creamy peanut buttery flavor and texture.
Best part about these bars? They’re naturally sweetened (thank you coconut sugar!), and gluten-free & dairy-free friendly. They’re also healthier than most granola bars and could be enjoyed as a sweet breakfast too! You’re welcome. 😉
No matter the occasion, I know you’re going to love them!
Ingredients – Everything You’ll Need
Oat flour – you can make this yourself by grinding oats in a blender/food processor or purchase it.
Peanut butter – if you use natural nut butter make sure to drain the oil. You can also swap for almond butter as well.
Coconut sugar – this is a natural unrefined sugar that responds just like brown sugar. If you don’t have access to this you can swap for brown sugar.
Egg – room temperature.
Butter – I like using vegan butter to keep it dairy free but you can also use regular butter.
Cinnamon – I love using this spice for a touch of flavor.
Vanilla – this is always a must for adding flavor in baking recipes.
Chocolate chips – you can use dark chocolate or semi-sweet.
Baking soda – I love using this baking soda for cooking.
How to Make Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars – Step by Step
(1 + 2) First cream together peanut butter, melted butter, and coconut sugar. Then mix in egg.
(3) Then add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
(4) Fold in half of chocolate chips to batter.
(5) Line a square 9×9 square baking dish with parchment paper. Add batter, smooth with spatula, and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
Bake for 23 minutes at 350F then let cool before slicing into squares.
- Use almond butter: to switch the flavor up and add more nutrients you can use almond butter instead of peanut butter.
- Flour: I love using oat flour because of it’s health benefits, but you can also swap for regular all-purpose flour instead.
- Coconut sugar: I love using natural sweeteners to keep things wholesome but you can also swap coconut for brown sugar instead.
Easy no-fuss clean up
Rather than bake the bars directly in the pan, we like lining the pan with parchment paper to easily transfer bars. This helps with minimal clean-up and no mess!
Keep Leftovers Fresh or Freeze
We love storing leftover oatmeal bars in either a glass container or ziplock bag in the fridge. They’re best for up to 5-7 days!
You can also freeze these bars by laying them flat in an airtight container or freezer-friendly ziplock bag for 1-3 months.
You’re going to fall in love at first bite with these chewy bars! They’re gooey, not too sweet, and just so so good. And not to mention they’re so EASY.
More Tasty Peanut Butter Desserts to Try
If you love sweets with peanut butter, you may also love these recipes!
- Chewy Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- 5 Ingredient Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- Almond Butter Cookies
- Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chewy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- First, cream together peanut butter, coconut sugar, and melted butter. Then slowly mix in egg with vanilla.
- With wet ingredients mix in oat flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Do not over-mix.
- Fold in half of chocolate chips with batter. Line a 9×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper – add batter to pan and smooth out with rubber spatula. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over top then bake for 23 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Use edges of parchment paper to lift bars from pan – slice into squares and enjoy!