Italian Kale and White Bean Soup
Italian Kale and White Bean Soup with vegetables – The easiest, most flavorful soup recipe. Made with sautéed vegetables, tomatoes, white beans, in a hearty tomato & vegetable broth! Perfect for a healthy dinner or lunch – all you need is 1 pot and 1 hour to make.
This Kale and White Bean Soup is one of my favorites! It’s the kind of recipe that has everything but the kitchen sink in it – but that’s what I love about vegetable soups. This is a recipe Drew and I found ourselves making again and again.
This soup has tons of Italian herb flavor, is loaded with healthy vegetables, and satisfying protein-filled white beans. A one pot recipe, with one hour to make, and simply delicious results!
How to Make This Italian Kale and White Bean Soup – Step by Step
- Saute chopped onions, celery, and carrots with olive oil for 4-5 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Add minced garlic and chopped zucchini – saute for 3 minutes. Then add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, vegetable broth, and all of herbs + salt & pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in cannellini beans and chopped kale, turn burner off and let sit for 5 minutes.
Extra Tips For Making This Italian Kale and White Bean Soup
- If you don’t have kale or aren’t a fan of it you can swap for spinach. I’ve made this recipe many times with spinach and love it! If you are not a fan of leafy greens you can also leave them out.
- Season with fresh herbs – If you do not have fresh herbs dried work as well. You can also use a store-bought Italian seasoning blend to make it easier.
- Use high quality vegetable broth for more depth of flavor.
- Store your vegetable soup in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days or freeze.
This is a recipe my family and I have truly enjoyed and we all find ourselves making it often. If you’re a fan of vegetable soup like myself, you will love this flavorful, hearty recipe.
If you try this recipe or any other recipe, I would love to hear how you enjoyed it! Review and comment below and let me know your thoughts. Also share your pictures on instagram #asimplepalate - I love seeing your recipe creations! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK.
A quick and healthy, one pot dinner that takes less than an hour to make and is full of delicious Italian flavor. The easiest, most flavorful soup recipe.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1 can 15 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can 15 oz cannellini beans
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp (each) dried thyme, oregano, basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (adjust to desired level of spice)
In a large pot or dutch oven on medium heat, saute in olive oil onion, carrots, celery, and a little salt for 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and zucchini, cook for 3 minutes. Stir often for both times to avoid burning.
Add to pot diced tomatoes, tomato paste, vegetable broth, and all of seasonings. On low-medium heat, cover and let soup simmer for 30 minutes - stir occasionally. Add cannellini beans and cook for 5 additional minutes. Turn burner off and stir in kale leaves.
Serve with parmesan cheese and enjoy. <3