The BEST Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
The BEST oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that are so chewy with perfectly crisp edges. Every single bite of these cookies is heavenly and packed with wholesome ingredients! The whole family will fall in love with this very special cookie recipe that is gluten-free as well as dairy-free.
Sink your teeth into the most heavenly oatmeal cookies ever. These cookies have been weeks in the making and I couldn’t be happier with the end result. Tons of ooey gooey chocolate chunks, peanut butter flavor, and a hint of cinnamon.
All you need is 10 minutes to prep, 10 ingredients, and 8 minutes to bake. The whole family will fall in love with the incredible taste and chewy texture of these wholesome cookies!
How to Make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies – step by step
- Add all of dry ingredients to bowl (oats, almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and coconut sugar).
- Then add egg, melted butter, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- After ingredients are mix together, gently fold in chocolate chunk or chips.
- Use a cookie scooper to scoop 1.5 Tbsp of cookie dough on sheet pan with parchment paper. Space at least 2 inches apart and bake for 8 minutes until golden brown.
The Best Oats For Cookies
When making oatmeal cookies old-fashioned rolled oats are what you want to use. They have a flat shape that works well for holding a cookie shape and adds the right amount of chewiness to this delicious recipe!
Tips to Remember When Making Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Use unsalted butter: I personally like to use unsalted when baking because every butter is salted differently. To avoid overly salty cookies use unsalted butter and salt yourself.
- Vegan butter: I’ve used both regular butter and vegan butter in this recipe and had identical results from both. If you are looking for a dairy-free recipe I recommend using vegan butter or coconut oil if preferred.
- Nut butter: You can use either peanut butter, almond butter, or cashew butter in this recipe. Or any other favorite nut butter.
- My favorite cookie scooper: To get the perfect sized cookie I like to use a 3-inch cookie scoop or measure 1.5 Tablespoons of dough instead.
- How to store oatmeal chocolate chip cookies: Seal in a ziplock bag or container a store at room temperature for 3-5 days. Or freeze for up to 2 months.
If you try this recipe or any other recipe, I would love to hear how you enjoyed it! Review and comment below and let me know your thoughts. Also share your pictures on instagram #asimplepalate – I love seeing your recipe creations! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK.
The BEST oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that are so chewy with perfectly crisp edges. Every single bite of these cookies is heavenly and packed with wholesome ingredients! The whole family will fall in love with this very special cookie recipe.
Preheat oven to 350F. First mix almond flour & oats (3/4 cup), pinch of salt, cinnamon (1/2 tsp), baking soda (3/4 tsp), and coconut sugar (1/3 cup).
Then add egg, melted butter (5 Tbsp), vanilla (1 tsp), peanut butter (2 Tbsp) – mix ingredients then gently fold in chocolate chips.
Grease a sheet pan or line with parchment paper. Use a cookie scooper or 1 1/2 tablespoons of cookie dough and place 2 inches apart on sheet pan. Bake for 8 minutes until golden brown. Let cookies cool for several minutes before enjoying.