Oatmeal Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Learn how to make the best chewy cinnamon chocolate chip cookies! They are filled with healthy oats/oat flour, are naturally sweetened, and have a touch of peanut butter for taste and super chewy texture.
Considering the number of cookie recipes we have here on the blog, you may be able to get an idea that we have a thing for cookies. 😉 But these ones are definitely in my top favorite! They’re gooey, chewy, not too sweet, and so unbelievably delicious.
We love these oatmeal cookies for a number of reasons – one of the biggest reasons is how they’re filled with super wholesome ingredients. So, indulging in them (aka eating five cookies at a time) is that much sweeter!
Making these cookies will consist of 10 pantry ingredients, 1 bowl for mixing, and just 8 minutes until they are baked to perfection.
How to Make Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies – step by step
- Add all of dry ingredients to bowl (oats + oat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and coconut sugar). Whisk together.
- Then add egg, melted butter, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- After ingredients are mix together, gently fold in chocolate chunk or chips. Cover and chill.
- Use a cookie scooper to scoop 1.5 Tbsp of cookie dough on sheet pan with parchment paper. Space at least 2 inches apart and bake for 8-10 minutes at 350F.
The Best Oats For Cookies
Our top choice for oats when it comes to cookies are quick oats! They have a smaller shape than whole oats and bake in an even form without much bulkiness. Since they are smaller, they are able to bind more easily too!
If you don’t have quick oats, pulse rolled oats in a blender/food processor 2-3 times until chopped into smaller pieces.
Extra Baking Tips
- Use unsalted butter when baking cookies to keep things from being too salty.
- Butter options – this recipe works with both regular and vegan butter. For a dairy-free friendly cookie we recommend using Earth Balance vegan butter.
- Use either peanut or almond butter as the nut butter for this recipe.
- My favorite cookie scooper: To get the perfect sized cookie I like to use a 3-inch cookie scoop or measure 1.5 Tablespoons of dough instead.
Storing Leftovers & Freezing
My top tip for these cookies is to store them in the fridge! This will not only keep them fresh but also give them extra chewy texture and more flavor.
Refrigerating: leftover cookies can be chilled in a ziplock bag for 5-7 days.
Freeze: keep cookies always on hand by freezing them after baking in a freezer-friendly ziplock bag for up to 2 months. Remove and let slightly thaw before enjoying.
I can confidently name these cookies as one of my all-time favorites! They’re not too sweet, not too decadent, but perfectly balanced. Drew and I absolutely love them, and are certain you will too!
Happy baking, friends! xoxo
More Delicious Cookies to Bake
- Monster Cookies
- Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- Chewy Almond Butter Cookies
- Chewy Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you tried this The BEST Cinnamon Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe or any other recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK for more crave-worthy content.
Learn how to make the best chewy cinnamon oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! They are filled with healthy oats/oat flour, are naturally sweetened, and have a touch of peanut butter for taste and super chewy texture.
First mix oat flour & quick oats, pinch of salt, cinnamon, baking soda, and coconut sugar.
Then add to dry ingredients: egg, melted butter, vanilla, peanut butter. Mix ingredients then gently fold in chocolate chips. Cover and chill for 15-30 minutes in refrigerator.
Use a cookie scooper or 1 1/2 tablespoons of cookie dough and place 2 inches apart on sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350F, let cool for 5-10 minutes before enjoying.