The Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe + Video
The BEST chewy chocolate chip cookies you will find! Gooey, ultra chewy, and absolutely irresistible. These cookies are a tried and true recipe that you will fall in love with!
If there’s one thing in life everyone could agree on, it’s a good chewy chocolate chip cookies recipe. And believe me, they are hard to find. I’m a tough cookie critic, and once you make this recipe you will be too! They are that decadent, chewy, and delicious. Everything a cookie should be, really.
And today, we are gonna talk about some helpful tips on how to make your next batch of chewy chocolate chip cookies the best they can be! Shall we dig in?
Tips to make the chewiest Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Use brown sugar – I make these cookies with brown sugar, not divided by white and brown like most cookie recipes. Brown sugar contains molasses, so it naturally brings out an incredibly soft texture to cookies. I’ve experimented in many ways, and find using all brown sugar gives the better ultra chewy results.
- Melt your butter – Rather than using butter that is room temperature, melting your butter in this recipe is a very important step in assuring your cookies are chewy and moist. The oils from the butter being melted, mixed with the brown sugar, create the ultimate moistening ingredient.
How to Bake Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Baking your chewy chocolate chip cookies recipe is the most important part. You can mix all of these ingredients together, but over baking them will give you a completely different cookie. It’s important that you slightly under bake your cookies and then as they cool outside of the oven when done, they will finish baking. The perfect time for cookies to turn out to be a chewy texture is 8-10 minutes.
Can I freeze chewy chocolate chip cookies? Absolutely. If you make a bigger batch of these cookies and want to store some for later, freeze in a seal container. I actually really enjoy these cookies when they are slightly frozen.
How do I store chewy chocolate chip cookies? To keep these cookies fresh and be extra chewy days after making, place in a sealed contain and store in the refrigerator.
If you are looking for a great chocolate chip to use in your cookie recipe, I’ve grown to love Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips. They are very different than original chocolate chips. These are the most melted, gooey, chocolate pieces but the way they set at room temperature or even refrigerated, are so fudge-y and rich. I highly recommend this brand when making this recipe! I’ve converted quite a few people to them as well.
If you try this recipe or any other recipe, I would love to hear how you enjoyed it! Review and comment below and let me know your thoughts. Also share your pictures on instagram #asimplepalate - I love seeing your recipe creations! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK.
The BEST chewy chocolate chip cookies recipe you will find! Gooey, ultra chewy, and absolutely irresistible. These cookies are a tried and true recipe that you will fall in love with!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour use gf if needed
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Ghirardelli premium chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350F.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Mix and set aside.
In electric mixer add sugars, vanilla and melted butter. Beat until a smooth texture/fully combined. Add egg at last minute and on low speed gently mix into wet ingredients.
Add half of your flour mixture to your wet ingredients and mix until almost combined, repeat with the rest of the flour until all the way combined. Mix chocolate chips in last. Cover bowl and pop in freezer for 15 minutes for dough to slightly harden.
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or use a greased sheet pan. Form dough into round shapes using hands, space cookies 2-3 inches apart. Bake cookies for 8 minutes.
Do not over bake cookies! Cookies will appear slightly underdone but that’s what you want. Let cool for 10 minutes. Store in sealed container in refrigerator or at room temperature on counter + freezer friendly as well.